*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1923070-No-more-time
by Catie
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #1923070
a girl running away from turning into a beast that kills
The words: “You’re out of time”, rang through her mind, as she thought quickly of a way to get herself out of the place she once called home, now a shadow on the map, covered in darkness. The people she once knew now turned into Lycanthropes.
A new breed of werewolf, that was stronger, and more powerful. Killing anything in its path.  It would look at you, through bloodthirsty red eyes, locking you in its gaze, making every bone, muscle, and thought freeze before you could even think about running from it. Its claws and fangs, ripping, shredding, till there is nothing left of you, but bones.
All she could think about, was getting out of the open, into a closed off place, away from the moon’s power, so she wouldn’t turn into one of them. She could hear the paws of the beasts behind her, quickly gaining upon her as they picked up more speed. Her eyes wandered around the open area that she was in, looking out for a dark, secluded area that would hide her, before the moon could affect her.
Her eyes soon landed on a big brick building, that had no windows on its surface, looking rusty and old from the years, quickly running to it, she hid inside, under a tarp, that smell of rotting flesh of the meals the beasts would always carry here. She could feel the moon over top of her, its power tugging at her skin. She could hear its voice, calling to her to change, to be one with the beasts of the night. Getting from under the tarp, like she couldn’t control her body, the pains and screams she let out, consumed her as she stood under the moon, turning into one of the beasts, fury embalming her.
© Copyright 2013 Catie (wildwolf2012 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1923070-No-more-time