*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1923357-These-Words-Meant-Only-for-You
Rated: · Other · Emotional · #1923357
Changing a life.
You, silently deceitful almost always untrue, listening quietly to the footsteps on paths with craggy rocks and cobbled stones. Light, brilliant and blinding brought before my eyes, burning the iris and twisting fate. If not for pain, lessons learned through heartbreak and joy, trembling passion in the closed box of never-never. But alas, no, only change - forcing my hand to seek a future I had long forgotten, pursuing avenues that were buried in yesterdays gone by, stuffed neatly in wooden boxes of complacency. I had forgotten how to dream; I had forgotten love; I had forgotten that life can be redefined. You, I fought for silently - but not for you, for me - mimicking in you what I lacked in myself. And through the anguish came clarity, a sense that you brought more to my life than you will hope to realize and will never know, even in all of your deceit buried under smiles and gentle words. Your brilliance creating hope for a new day, ever changing my direction. Although broken I will mend, carrying a torch of compassion and forgiveness forward - that has always remained. Love, unrequited, driving a force of finer tomorrows - living on restlessly without you.

For that, love, I am grateful. #21.
© Copyright 2013 Coconut Taffy (coconuttaffy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1923357-These-Words-Meant-Only-for-You