*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1923868-Rib-eye
by Parker
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest · #1923868
An outing at the best steak house in town. For flash fiction.
As the knife sliced into the perfect rib-eye, the juices flowed toward the mound of garlic mashed potatoes. The slender woman lifted the fork full of steak to her mouth and sighed in satisfaction, her chewing releasing the luscious flavors. Leaning toward her dining companion she said, “It’s everything I heard it would be. What flavor!”

“Well,” her companion answered, “It is supposed to be the best steakhouse in the city.”

“I know I’m taking a big risk being here, but I just can’t help it.” “I’ve wanted to eat here for years and years, long before...

“Yes, I know the before” he replied. “You know, I could get rich blackmailing you” he joked.

Slicing the tender meat, she looked up, dark eyes intent. “If you ever tell anyone about this, I’ll divorce you in a minute.” Then a smile changed her fierce expression to one of a mischievous girl.

“Your secret is safe with me” he solemnly replied.

As the steak disappeared bite by delicious bite she again became serious. “Where do we go from here?” she asked.

“Well, it’s 5:30 now, by 7 we need to be at the book store setting up. The signing begins at 7:30.”

“I hope it’s a good signing” she said, as she forked the last bit of rib eye.

“I think it will be. Portland has a huge vegan/vegetarian community, and after al,l your book Victorious Vegetarian is number one on the nonfiction best seller list.”

“So it is,” she replied as she placed her steak knife on the plate.
© Copyright 2013 Parker (portlandparker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1923868-Rib-eye