*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1924087-Hunger
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Tivoi
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest · #1924087
Waking up from a dream, he discovers that eating rotten pizza will create horrible dreams.
Crawling into a hole through a rotten tree stump. A dark tunnel with tree roots weaving throughout the way was a source of bright light. I charge towards the light. As it fades, a world of mysterious creatures emerged. A creature slithers across the mossy like textured earth. The animal was bird-like, with the shell of a turtle, a head of a pigeon, and the arms of a rat. The disgusting creature peered at me. With a glint in its eye, it began to disappear behind the dense foliage.

Regaining my composure, I explored the tropical area. Pushing vines and leaves out of my way, I come across a valley. Looking down, I consciously thought, “What is this world? Why hasn’t anyone found this before?” I pulled out my phone to take a picture of this unknown civilization. A toad with wings dived from the trees and snatched the phone with a long adhesive tongue. It flew away to its nest at the bottom of the valley.

Slowly making my way down to the city, a beast with three arms gripped my limbs and dragged me deep in the forest. Quickly grabbing a rock off the ground, I bashed it against the back of its skull. The creature roars with anger and tosses my body into the trunk of the nearest tree. My spine shatters as fragments of bone pierce into the bark. Paralyzed, the creature reached into a pouch on his waist and blew a dust into my face.

Waking up disoriented, I franticly investigated the dim lit room. Everything seems to be in the right place. Thinking to myself “I really shouldn’t have ate that slice of furry mushroom pizza last night.”
© Copyright 2013 Tivoi (minitank at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1924087-Hunger