*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1924712-Joy-in-Theory
Rated: 18+ · Draft · Drama · #1924712
Joy will go on and do one thing after another with relationships failing.
Mini-Synopsis

Joy will go on and do one thing after another with relationships failing and changing to be easier and start seeing her mother in herself. And on one visit she goes into her grandmother’s attic and finds her mother’s journal where she wrote about doing everything to please joys father and he still leaves her after she does everything to please him and that’s how she ended up the person she is from her spirit being broke. Joy comes to realize that joy is inside of her in her relationship with God and that she was on the same road to being like her mother. And that situations in life while hearing them are different from experiencing them.

Joy's realizations:

I realized I was living like Leah in the bible, trying to get the attention and love of someone that didn’t love me by his actions he didn’t even like me. This was repetition in my relationships that I acknowledged. I was the second choice after he had options and first choice when he didn’t. The whole time he was trying to convince himself that he did want to be with me and loved me and me wanting it to be true believed it. But Leah’s story is not mine I am Joy and had to pray to remove and pray a separation from him and that spirit of Leah’s destiny. There was still a blessing for Leah from God, and I have blessing also that come from the promise God ordained for me at birth when he chose the name Joy for me through my mother. My realization came that true Joy is not found in fake love, false friendships, things that change with the tides, or worldly desires. I have a limitless promise of Joy that doesn’t change with the seasons, or what good or bad thing happens. My eternal Joy comes from being in a relationship with God. That may seem crazy or like a religious fanatic story, but when you have been through enough and don’t have Joy to even get glimpse of the feeling is indescribable. The best way I can tell you how to get your own joy is to live it, believe it, and put your trust in God. He will restore your joy, give you back everything you have lost, and send you the person you are supposed to share the earth with. This is done by seeking him first in your life and whenever anything good or bad happens focus on the promise of God. The promise of eternal life, because nothing else matters.



The promise of a new relationship:

When I met Joey it was not the way I imagined a relationship would start. I just moved to Georgia to stay close to my half-sister. I was working in the hospital doing psych therapy and he was a resident. He walks into the unit I notice him because he is very nice looking. Carmel brown with a nice goatee mustache low cut. Hair low cut and smells divine. But, he was all about business.

Joey: “I need the charts for room 110b, and 120a. I’m doing round for Dr. Chaison and have to be somewhere.”

Of course they were the charts I had also trying to run away quick because it was the weekend and who wants to be stuck at work all weekend.

Joy: “ Ok , hi I’m Joy the clinical therapist and I have those charts. Are you going to make rounds first or see the charts first? I will be happy to work around whatever your plans are Dr…..”



Joey: “It’s Dr. Williams and I like to have the charts as I make rounds and will come out and dictate after I finish.”

He looked a little irked but, guess what I can care less. Just because he decided to go to school longer than me doesn’t give the license to have an attitude. I can be fake diplomatic any day

Joy: “Well sure Dr. Williams I’m sure you don’t want to be here all weekend, I alternate weekends and know how it feels to have to come in on specials days only work that Monday with a small break. But, here are the charts do you need my chair also?”

I wanted ask him are you going to need my hand too to write in the charts for you.

Joey: He half smiles knowing how sarcastic I am being. “How about this, we trade off. I will work one chart while you do the other. That way we can both finish and enjoy our weekend.”

Joy: That got a small smile out of me. “Ok sounds like a plan.”

         So we finish our work and go our separate ways. I go home perusing on a social network and his picture keeps popping up as a friend suggestion. Of course I go on his page to look but he doesn’t have many pictures posted. Which is not uncommon for guys I have a trillion pictures on my page and after I noticed and realized I didn’t want my life that exposed to some people I blocked them to where only I could see them. So back to Dr. Williams’ page with 1 picture, and he didn’t have many friends either. Hmmmm, very interesting. I go play my games and he keep popping on the side of my page well why not add him.



         My name is Tanya Champion, These are excerpts from my book Joy in Theory I hope the mini-synopsis gives you an idea of the book. Thank you so much for considering my book for the contest.

© Copyright 2013 championtr (championtr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1924712-Joy-in-Theory