*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1924773-Hush--Blue-Destiny
by Sammmi
Rated: E · Novel · Fanfiction · #1924773
Cassandra just found out something that was hidden deep inside her for a long time.
    "Cassandra? What's happening to you? Why is your skin like that? Cassandra!" Cassandra woke with a start. Her long black hair whipped in her face as she jolted up. She looked at the clock. 3:00 am. She groaned and flopped back onto her pillow. She let out a long sigh and replayed her dream over again in her head. It was her sitting in the middle of her classroom. She looked down at her arms. They were covered with vibrant blue curls! they wrapped up her arms, down her body, down her legs, over her feet. up her neck. and two lone curls circled her eyes, which were dripping with tears. Questions echoed throughout the room. "Cassandra? What's happening to you? Why is your skin like that? Cassandra!" She dragged herself back to reality. She closed her eyes. She had that dream every night since she turned 13 that month.
    She knew she wouldn't be able to go back to sleep so she grabbed her iPod and started to listen to music when she was rudely interrupted by the sound of her name. She opened her eyes and scanned her room but no one was there. she shrugged and closed her eyes again. "Cassandra!" This time, the voice was more like a loud whisper. She sat up and tugged her ear buds out of her ears. She looked around a little concerned. She got up and walked slowly to her doorway. She poked her head out and looked around. She saw no one. She silently crept back into bed and twisted the covers tightly around her. She put her headphones back in and closed her eyes.
    She felt thin fingers brush her cheek and pull out her headphones. She opened her eyes half way and through her waking blur, she could see her mother standing beside her bed with her iPod in her hands and a sweet little smile spread across her face. "Oh, hi mom. You scared me," she said tiredly. Her mother let out a giggle. "Get up you have school," she said leaving the room. Cassandra let out a sigh and sat up. She grabbed her black hair brush and brushed through her black hair until it was pin straight again. She was putting her brush back on her night stand when she noticed that her black nail polish was chipping. She sighed and rubbed her eyes. She pulled on a black T- shirt and black tights with a bright pink short skirt over top. She rolled on some thick eyeliner and mascara. She  slided on some black lipstick, grabbed her black, suede bag and headed off to school.
    She got in the car followed by her mother. Cassandra's mother started the car and pulled out of the driveway. As they were pulling out, a teenager sped past and crashed into them. Cassandra felt both of her legs snap and she shrieked with pain. When she stopped screaming to breath, she came to the horrible reality that her mother didn't have her seat belt on yet. Her mother was bleeding from one side of her head, which was punctured with a large shard of glass from her window. Her neck was in a very awkward position and Cassandra knew it was broken. She looked into her mothers dead eyes, which were staring lifelessly back at her. Her mouth dropped open and a thin trickle of blood streamed down her chin. Cassandra opened her mouth to scream but no noise came out. She tried again and this time she sounded like that scream was all she had left in her. She kept repeating it until her throat hurt too much to scream any longer. Each scream represented all the pain she felt for her mother, for her broken legs, and for the thought that she would be living alone and caring for herself at 13. She dully closed her eyes.
    When she woke up, she was in the hospital. She groaned and the next thing she knew, was her hand in someones else's. She looked up and saw her best friend; Stanton. She looked into his soft blue eyes and then she noticed his black hair hanging over his face. He looked so worried that her heart twisted for pity, but then she realized that he was worried for her. Questions flew through her head like birds flying away from a screaming baby. How did he know she was here? Where is her mom? Is she OK? Then a new feeling passed through her. She just remembered that she had a major crush on this guy. Her eyes widened and started to scream but she was too horse to make a sound. Thank goodness for that because if she did scream, that would have been so embarrassing. He leaned closer and hugged her tight. She wished that she could hug him back, but her arms hurt too much to move. He started crying. She wondered why, and then she thought that he was about to tell her that her mom was dead, but she already knew. He pulled away and opened his mouth to say it but she finally got the strength to move her arm and she put her hand on his mouth to keep him quiet. As much as she wanted to hear his voice, she had to keep him from saying it, she didn't want to think about it, even though she couldn't stop thinking about it. He sat back in his chair still holding her hand. "You already know, don't you?" Cassandra nodded. Stanton swallowed. "I'm so so sorry." Cassandra mouthed "thank you."  She closed her eyes and laid her head back on the pillow. Tears started to leak out of her softly closed eyes. Stanton leaned over and hugged her tight. This time, she hugged back. She sat there, crying on his shoulder. He cried with her and for her. Earlier she wanted to know why he was there, now she was just so glad to be with her best friend that she didn't care anymore.
    She woke up the next day in the still in the hospital. She had expected Stanton to have gone home, but there he was, sitting beside he hospital bed. As soon as he saw her eyes open he bolted up right. He sat down again and leaned forward. He looked tired. Cassandra could see a little clearer and think a little better. She looked over at him and noticed that he was staring at her. She sat up and noticed the searing pain if her broken leg. She sucked in a small breath of pain. Stanton tensely jumped up from his chair. "i'm, i'm fine." Cassandra stuttered. "Are you hungry?" Stanton asked. Cassandra tried to get up. "A little." She replied. "OK, I'll go get you something." Stanton started to leave. "Wait!" Cassandra scanned around the room for crutches. She found some right beside her bed. She grabbed them and started hobbling toward Stanton. She was wearing a white and blue night gown type of thing. She was extremely pale and she had darker circles around her eyes. Her lips were dry and her bottom lip was bleeding a little. She seemed really scared and alert. Her gaze kept flickering around the hospital as they walked to the cafeteria. Stanton looked over at her and he didn't even try to hide his pity. She looked back and tried to smile, but it came out as an awkward, crooked smirk. She frowned again and looked down at the floor again. He put his arm around her. She started to cry. He stopped her and lightly touched her chin. She looked up. "Cassandra, its going to be alright. I'm here for you. There is nothing I wouldn't do for you. You need to be brave, strong. I know you can do it." He gave her a sweet smile. She smiled back at him, and it turned out just as beautiful.
   
© Copyright 2013 Sammmi (scribble17423 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1924773-Hush--Blue-Destiny