*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1924803-Sakura--Chapter-1
Rated: 18+ · Novella · Action/Adventure · #1924803
This is a tale of two soul-mates, battling for their freedom..
"Run Love Run"




        Warm rays of sunshine extend across the vast, sapphire ocean. Massive, insistent waves crash upon the rocks neighboring the shore like heavy boulders denting iron. Nearby lays a beautiful young Japanese woman, Sakura, daydreaming under an aged cherry blossom tree. She fantasizes about what it would be like to glide elegantly across the surface of the invigorating, reflecting waters. Her thought is broken when she sees a youthful, charismatic boy walking towards her with a grin on his face. Sakura felt her stomach begin to flutter; Akio was her best friend and above all her soul mate. They have remained best friends since childhood. Akio could see the purity and vigor in her heart, which is why he loved and adored her so.

            They meet as children underneath that very same tree. Sakura, only four, knew that the tree was her only personal sanctuary. Akio, who lived with his easygoing great grandfather, was free to explore the islands of Japan by himself. That day, however, he stood awe inspired watching the picturesque girl pluck tiny pink flowers from the branches, composing them into a tiny bouquet. He forced himself to go talk to the angelic girl but found himself speechless. Instead they both picked flowers, glancing at each other only momentarily as they blushed in embarrassment.

            Since that momentous day they became inseparable. It didn’t take long for them to develop a close friendship. Akio would come to visit her every day; however some days Sakura wouldn’t come out to play. He noticed the bruises and scratches on her fair skin but never asked about them, for he knew their origin, and he knew it was best for Sakura not to linger on her suffering.

            As they grew older, their relationship intensified. One pleasant morning they climbed that cherry tree and leaned back against the base for support. Akio ran his hands through her soft, fragrant hair and pulled her face towards his to make eye contact.

            “Sakura, I want to grow old with you. I want to spend every moment of this life cherishing your company.”

            He took her delicate hand and slide an antique silver band upon her ring finger. Sakura didn’t take her eyes from his; tears began to trickle down her rosy cheeks. She squeezed his hand and stared deep into his eyes.

            “I would rather perish than spend even one day knowing that you are not in my life. You are my best friend, the love of my life, and my inspiration for humanity. I would be honored to wake every morning with you by my side,” Sakura whimpered, holding back her tears.

            This was two years prior, yet they were still trapped in this captivity, this relentless hell. Akio reached out and took Sakura’s hand to help her to her feet. They glided across the field as if they were floating above the foliage. Sakura laughed as the euphoria of pleasure overpowered her being. Her fingers and toes tingled and she wished she could float away with him that very moment. 

            Staring into Akio’s eyes, Sakura tilted her head to press her lips against his. In a moment of panic, she abruptly pushes him down to the soil; pressing her hand to his mouth. She takes heed to the footsteps coming from a distance, instincts telling her to run away as quickly as possible. Fleeing to a massive oak tree to hide behind, they kneel down as if to pray for protection. They hear the roars of the furious man getting near. Akio holds Sakura and stokes her hair to calm her, but she knows he cannot stay. She pushes Akio away and signals for him to run as far as his legs can carry him. He looks at her puzzled and hesitates to leave her behind. Sakura pushes him away once more and explains to him that her father will kill them both if he finds them together. Akio takes one last desperate look at his love with tears in his eyes then turns to escape the drunken fiend’s reign of terror.

            Sakura clenches her eyes shut as she feels the enraged man growing nearer. Rocking back and forth, Sakura prays that maybe this time her father will retreat and drink himself into unconsciousness. She peers up to see her father frowning down upon her. Sakura slowly walks home trying to keep the thoughts of gliding across the field with Akio in her head.

© Copyright 2013 Susie Q (susieq0924 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1924803-Sakura--Chapter-1