*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1925651-The-Bracelet
by OOT™
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Romance/Love · #1925651
Brent gave me the bracelet as a symbol of our love.
I met Brent when he came into my office one evening. It was "casual Friday," and I looked good in the tight jeans and sweater I was wearing. Evidently, Brent thought so, too, because he asked me out to dinner after meeting with my boss, an attorney. I was delighted! Never in my twenty-five years had I met a more handsome man. Deciding he was the epitome of the perfect male, I graciously accepted his invitation. Our date was better than I could have imagined. It was perfect. As were the next two months.

On our two month anniversary, Brent gave me a bracelet, declaring it was a symbol of his love. I wore it with pride, refusing to take it off. Even when things started going south, the bracelet remained. It wasn't until two weeks had gone by with no word from him - he ignored all my voicemails, texts and emails - that I finally admitted it was over. With a heavy heart, I removed the bracelet just as my boss walked out of his office. I was horrified to see it left a ring of rust around my wrist! I hid my rusty wrist as he approached me.

"Have you heard from Brent Masters?" The sound of Brent's name took me by surprise. My boss had never mentioned him after the day he came to the office.

"Um, no. What's going on?" I struggled to keep my composure.

"He came in one day to inquire about a divorce. When he called shortly thereafter to inform me that he had changed his mind, I reminded him that he still had to pay a consultation fee. I haven't heard from him since."

The cheap bracelet clanged to the floor as I burst into tears.
© Copyright 2013 OOT™ (outoftouch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1925651-The-Bracelet