*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1925813-Apology
Rated: 13+ · Other · Emotional · #1925813
An apology to those I have hurt
Sometimes in life people make unbelievable mistakes - chances not taken, words not spoken, harms left hanging. That is human nature. We are here to learn, all of us walking the precarious paths of our own existence. Unfortunately along that path we sometimes slam head-on into others as we press forward on our journey of running full speed into disaster, taking them along with us. I have tried unsuccessfully to convey my knowledge in the fact that I have hurt others. I surely never meant to, but in allowing my own selfishness take control, I inflicted damage to those that I truly have cared about - and I have harmed others that I do not know. I have been the creation of far too many conflicts that have led to anger, pain and sorrow. By my own hands I've destroyed people, loves, and friendships; I have left people in balls of flame by the side of the road and floundering in the whitewash-wake I've left behind. But I am only human; I am nothing more than flesh and blood with flaws bigger than the moon on a summer's night. My hope is that the pain that I caused was not irreparable, and that any broken fences I created were mended with something more than silver duct-tape that tends to unravel in heavy rain.

We grow. We learn. We fall again - hoping to be better and brighter the next time around.

To those I caused pain or anguish - I am truly sorry.

To those that I have loved and cared about - know that it was with my entire being.


Forgive me.




© Copyright 2013 Coconut Taffy (coconuttaffy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1925813-Apology