*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1925897-Letter-to-God
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1925897
A prayer beckoning one to new life.
A letter to God
Dear God,
I have a gut feeling that what I am experiencing is a as close to being pregnant as I will ever feel. There is a pondering about how new life can happen for a lost soul like me. I am finding it is too easy for me to be a loner and living in a world that cries of miscarriage of justice and abortion of new relationship. Am I willing to accept for myself that this is all that you have planned for my life? Instead of the potential of new life experienced within, There was an aura of emptiness. I can not bring forth into the world what is not there.

Over time I am learning that emptiness has its own place. Only in embracing the emptiness that once was, is there possibility of new life. We are called to relive the moment when disciples and followers were faced with an empty tomb. They saw over time the realization of Jesus promised resurrection. What is that without the actual presence of what was once a body? There is celebration that this same body we have can come back to life, offering new relationship with others once thought dead. With this in mind we move past our own experiences of emptiness to be God's midwives bringing forth life.

God I am more than ever in awe of the ever burgeoning scope of your grace and what it means. It could seem so easy on some days to commit the crime of eternally condemning or alienating someone, for no other reason than that others might learn from their mistakes. But God your arms are opened wide, you are ever the prodigal Father, knowing of our need for relationship and love through Jesus suffering and death on the cross.

Your On call servant,
Drifter
© Copyright 2013 drifter (peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1925897-Letter-to-God