*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1925992-Rachels-Dilemma
Rated: 18+ · Novella · Drama · #1925992
She's done something really bad one wild and fun night...
2013 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 1 - Vegas, Hunka Hunka & Ice




The insides of her brain felt like cotton candy. Rolling her head from side to side, she slowly peeped open one eye and closed it again. The eye lid felt heavy. Again, the left eye opened. Nope, not good. Her eye was too just too lazy and sleepy. It shut again. And the right one opened. It stared at the ceiling. Oh dear! The left eye's got a problem. Or am I blind? Is it a sudden malicious occurrence of some auto - immune disease? For a cotton candy stuffed brain, it sure did think a lot this glaring bright sunny morning. Lazily, one of her heavy hands found its way to the left closed eye. Whew! A loose princess curl eye lash. Ouch! The index finger and thumb slowly peeled it off the eyelid. Ow! Ow! The left eye opened and ta-da, both eyes were absolutely disease free. But, oh boy... my head.

What a crappy way to wake up to the second day of your twenty-fifth birthday. But the huge bed with its satin purple and white floral patterned bed sheets and pillows, was very possessive this morning. I surrender, you can keep me. I ain't getting up from here. A loud, long and very un-ladylike yawn escaped her mouth. "Ahhhhhh..." Turning to the side, her eyes lazily gazed at the gold plate that was sitting next to the lamp on the bed's side table.

"Welcome, to the Grand View International Las Vegas" It gazed back at her.

She smiled at the plate. Oh yeah! It sure was a grand last night. It was one awesome birthday party last night. Oh what a dang party, indeed.

Her eyes flickered close again, thinking back to the grand night before.

It was dark but the pink and blue spotlights shone from all over the ceiling of the Tigerz Club. Booze and sex intoxicatingly tangled themselves in the air. Very minimally dressed ladies, of all ages filled the chairs around the stage and on the floor. They came in duos, triples, quadruples, throngs...they came with cleavages spilling, thighs and legs all very much viewable. No one cared what was right or wrong. It was a woman's right to have fun in this night, to do what she wanted. It was her night away from the responsibilities of being a mother, wife, granddaughter, working woman...a night to do what she wanted. No one would dare to question.

"C'mon, take it off! C'mon baby! Do it for Halle," She was screaming at the top of her voice, standing on the stool, both thumbs pointing to herself. She was callously waving several dollar bills at the red-haired male stripper. What was his name? Rice? Dice? Oh...Ice.

"Should I?" Halle asked the raven - haired woman with the pink highlights in her bangs.

Downing a shot, Pink Highlights looked up at her, "What?"

"Should I? Halle giggled.

Pink Highlights tossed her palms in front of her. "What?"

Halle giggled. "Should I show him my..." Her eyes lowered down to her bosom.

"Oh my shooodness! You shlut!" Pink Highlights giggled.

"Hey!" Halle poked Pink Highlights on the shoulder, "I'm going to okay...." Another giggle.

Pink Highlights's head was lowered on an arm on the table, and her hand waved at Halle.

Halle grabbed the seam of the top of her shiny yellow tube dress. "Hey Iiiiceeeee...." She piped and waited.

The head with the chocolate sleeked back head turned her way. Halle yanked the tight top down but only one breast popped out. The dress was way too tight.

Pink Highlights laughed at the top of her voice. "Sho mush for a boob show."

"Shuddup!" Halle said as she quickly tucked her exposed boob back where it belonged.

Halle looked up to see the blue eyed male stripped chuckling at her. She felt her cheeks go red.

"So much for a strip act eh, Halle?" She glanced over her shoulder and there stood a grinning strawberry blond head.

"Rachel, shuddup!" Halle told her as Rachel took a seat next to her.

"Liz, are you okay?" Rachel craned her neck over Michelle's head.

"Huh? Me? Yesh, I'm sho okay!" Liz gave her the thumbs up.

"Looking for me, sweetheart?"

All three women looked at the pair of shins that were facing them. Three pairs of eyes, green, blue and blue travelled from the shins, to the knees up to the muscle bursting thighs and to that itsy bitsy of thong that covered a well - endowed organ.

"Up here, sweetheart," The voice said and the three pairs of eyes passed by the six-packed oiled abdomen to the hairless sleek chest and finally rested on the pair of blue eyes.

"You wanted me, babe?" Ice asked.

Fire alarms sounded all around Halle. She giggled as Ice bent over and whispered, "Wanna a show?"

"Oh yes!" Halle hollered.

Next to her, Liz, was banging the table in front of her. Ice didn't look at her nor Rachel.

Rachel's jaw dropped to the floor. Halle had her arms wrapped around Ice's neck and their tongues frolicked with each other.

"Look, Rach. Halle's one boob gotsh her a tongue." Liz cupped a hand over her mouth, pretending to be shocked. But she broke into a heap of laughs.

"C'mon honey, look watsh I gotsh in my hand." A drunken Halle whispered in his ear, flipping dollar bills onto his back.

"Heeesh mine!" Liz cupped her hands around his cheeks and pulled him to her lips. She released Ice, laughing away and almost falling off the stool but Halle caught her.

"Damn you, Liz... you drunk slut." The women held onto each other, laughing as Ice shrugged and waltzed his tanned, toned ass to a screaming female customer.

Ice pointed at Halle and gave her a wink before the screaming female wrapped her arms around his leg and screamed, "Ice me, baby!"

Rachel laughed. "Sho, where have you been to?" Liz asked her.

"Erm...around," As she gulped down Halle's vodka. "Oooh, this stuff is good. Hey!" She waved at a passing waiter, "Get me more of these."

"Where exactly is around?" Halle asked, but her eyes remained on Ice as the screaming woman was sliding her hands up and down his oh so sexy thighs.

"I know, I know," Liz giggled, raising her hands like a six-year-old would when she knew the brilliant answer to a question.

Rachel downed another vodka which the waiter placed in front of her.

"She wash with Jack, the hot dude, huh?" Liz pointed an accusing finger at Rachel.

"It's my birthday. We promised to have fun, remember. "And his name is Jeremy." Rachel moved her head side to side, in sync with Rihanna's Please don't stop the music. "Gee, I missed hearing this song for so long."

"Please, don't stop the music, please don't stop the music, please don't stop the music, please don't stop the music," The three women sang along at the top of their voices, without a care in the world.

And why should they have a care in the world? What's a girl to do in Vegas, with her best buddies of her life? Let down your hair and have a wow of your life.

"It's getting late, I'm making my way over to my favorite place, I gotta get my body moving," Rachel sang and stopped. "Oh-Oh, I'm late." Rachel jumped from the stool.

"For?" Halle asked

"I was supposed to meet Jeremy like ten minutes ago." She gathered her purse and took out a compact mirror. "How do I look?"

"Good enough to be eaten," Liz growled at her, and waved her fingers at her in a cat-like pose.

Rachel and Halle laughed.

"Will you two be okay? I will see you in a bit, okey dokey?" Rachel stood looking at her two drunk friends.

"Don't worry about us. You go get that birthday ass some fun." Halle waved her off as she searched the stage for Ice.

"Yeah, jush go. We'll be fine, ruff!" Liz growled at Rachel again.

Rachel gave a wave and disappeared into the dancing crowd.

"Have fun Rach, with hunka hunka, Jake or Jack... watever. Don't do anything I wouldn't do." Halle shouted over her shoulder as her eyes remained glued to the stage, searching for the missing stripper.

"Buh bye..." Liz waved at Rachel's disappearing back and twirled herself on the revolving high stool. "Wheee, look at me, I am flying..." Liz's head made no sense of anything, except the fact that she was floating with very pretty bright pink lights blinking all around her.

"Hey," Halle grabbed the arm of a passing waiter. It was the same waiter that served the drinks to Rachel earlier. "Where's Ice?"

"I dunno." The waiter shrugged.

"What do you mean, you dunno?" Halle's voice was irritated.

"Maybe, he went flying in the cloudsh." Liz stopped twirling in her chair and looked at her friend and the waiter.

"Look lady, I really have no idea, okay. Now let go." He told her.

But Halle would have none of that. "You go find him for me. And tell him, Halle wants a show." She shooed him off and he shook his head.

"He ish not gonna find Icsh for ya..." Liz said, pointing lazily at the waiter as he hurried to other tables to deliver drinks and pick more tips.

"Where is he?" Now, it was Halle's turn to twirl in the stool.

"Looking for me, sweetheart?" Halle whisked her head and came face-to-face with the man himself.

"Ice!" Halle's eyes bulged out of their sockets.

"In the flesh and at your service," He winked at her.

Halle got up from the stool but her jelly feet gave way and she toppled into Ice's arms.

"Whoa there sweetheart. I want you in one piece. So, where are we headed?" He asked, grinning at her, his blue eyes sparkling.

"What about me?' Liz asked, looking innocent. She got up but forgot that she was on land and not in the clouds. Her face felt as it was going to connect with the floor any minute but Ice caught her with his other arm. "Sho shrong." Liz patted his arm around her waist.

"Sho shrong?" Ice repeated.

"She meant so strong. Drunk." Halle whispered into Ice's ears.

"Right," He chuckled. "So where are you ladies putting up at?"

"I dunno." Halle said pressing her face into his chest. He smelled so nice, so macho... Grrrrrrr

"Over there," Liz pointed at the exit. Her feet wobbled to the right. "Oh, oh, oh," She tried to gain her footing but thankfully, Ice grabbed her hand.







"Thank shyou!" Liz said as Ice gently lay her in the hotel bed.

He shook his head with a laugh and headed back to Halle, who was waiting by the door.

"So, my place?" He asked.

Halle banged his body onto the door and began kissing him, fast and faster.

"Whoa there sweetheart. We got all night. You sure you want to do this?" He asked, searching her eyes.

"Are you scared?" She laughed at him.

"Scared?" His face became serious. "Look, Halle...I just want to be sure, this is what you want? Yes?"

"Oh c'mon, stripper boy!" She pulled on his t-shirt and headed for the lift.

Everything else that happened after the ladies parted ways seemed to have been erased out of Rachel's memory as her head still ached.

Crap. How much did I drink anyway? She had hangovers from college parties, but this one seemed to be by far, the worst of the lot. It was so bad that the blue colored ceiling of the hotel room that she had been staying in the past two nights, since their arrival in Vegas was now white.

Wait a sec...

Rachel lifted her head a little bit. The room did not look like the one in which she was staying with her two best friends. To start with, there was no sight of Halle the blond or Liz the dark-head. And second, they had booked a room in the Star View International Las Vegas, not Grand. Oh-oh, what have you done Rach?

Some memories were making a way back to her. There was Jeremy whom she met on the plane from New York to Vegas. Instantly, both of had felt a magnetic pull between them. Flirtatiously, she had accepted his mobile number. It was all part of a wild ladies night planning to celebrate her twenty-fifth birthday. After all, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, doesn't it.

Rachel, Halle and Liz had planned a long time for their Vegas trip. It was a hard life, slogging back in New York. So why not have a wild and wow time in Vegas? They had some fun in the casinos, winning a fair bit of money. If it had not been for the fact that Liz got angry with one of the other players whom she accused of cheating and then the security prowled on them, the trio would have continued their winning streak. Surrounded by angry and big men, who might have put Goliath to shame, was the last thing that Rachel and Halle wanted in Vegas. So there, they were, dragging a screaming Liz.

Thrashing her head about and hoping that would help her head, she tried to get up. But the pain jolted from one temple to the other and she plopped back into the pillow. Some wretched soul had pulled the curtains with gaps in between. Groaning, she turned to the other side to escape that miserable ray of sunshine that was coming in through the gaps in the hotel curtains.

"Morning babe!" Came a husky and very sexy male voice.

Her eyes flew wide awake, really awake! What the hell is a man doing in the bed with her? And a very naked and deadly gorgeous man, to add. She sat up screaming in bed, getting away from him.

Did she get raped? Oh goodness no!

The very naked and deadly gorgeous man reached out, grabbing her before she fell out of the bed. "Easy, easy." He said amidst her the-world-is-ending screams. "Rach, its me, Jeremy." Hunka Hunka Love tried to calm her down.

She stopped. Jeremy blew a sigh of relief. And when she realized that he was still holding her in his arms, she screamed again.

"You know your screaming isn't making my head feel any better."

Rachel looked at him, her eyes wandered from his shiny pearly whites to his hairless chest and down to ahem, the package. Very quickly she looked down at herself. Not a single piece of clothing was on her. Her head whisked to him and back down at her. Another scream exploded from her mouth and Jeremy feared, the windows may start cracking. He raised his hands in surrender and then one hand covered his eyes. "Okay, I'm not looking."

Jeremy felt like shooting himself. What was he thinking, picking up a really pretty blond who just about had the most dazzling smile he had ever seen. Jeremy felt the sheets being tugged from under his legs and he opened one eye. Rachel was now covering herself, protectively in the bed sheets, leaving him in bare view.

"Why are you in my bed?" She asked. Her cotton brain realized that was the wrong question but what else would you say if you found a good-looking naked man in bed with you.

"This isn't your bed. This is my bed as in my room, Rach."

"Don't call me Rach." That's right. What right does he have to call her Rach? That was a nick only loved ones and dear friends call her. Not him. Gorgeous and all, who cares? He is a stranger.

"What happened last night? How did I get here?"

"Well, excuse me... Its pretty evident what happened last night don't you think?"

Rachel's eyes travelled below his stomach. "Seems like you remember, something." He grinned.

Shutting her eyes, she turned her head. "For Pete's sake, can you put on some clothes?"

Rachel felt a movement in the bed but she dare not open her eyes as yet. "Are you decent?"

"Yup."

Her eyes opened and he stood before her in grey boxers. Awkward silence.

"Look, last night..." She spoke first and Jeremy sighed. He knew how its going to go.

"Was a mistake." Echoed his mind at the, she spoke the same sentence. "Whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas."

"Okay." He shrugged.

Rachel stared at him. "Excuse me?"

"Okay. I'm cool with it. But I doubt anything about last night was a mistake." Jeremy said, as a memory of her screaming his name formed.

He's cool with it. Hmmm... Okay...Easier than I expected.

"Yeah, I'm cool with it too. Erm, do you mind if I use the bathroom?"

"Be my guest." He said with his back turned to her.

He heard the bathroom door close, while he waited on the line. "Hi, room service? Yeah, could I please order the breakfast platter for two..." He paused as the person on the other line confirmed his order. "Yeah, the West Suite, number 7242. Thanks."

Jeremy looked at the bathroom door. Condom? He hit a knuckle gently in between his eyebrows trying his hardest to remember if he did use one. Damn! She looks clean but then again you never know.

"Erm..Jeremy," He heard her sweet voice.

"Yeah?"

Her head with a little bit of the shoulder was popping out of the door. "Could you please hand me my clothes?" She asked in a honey glazed voice.

Taking a quick glance at the bathroom door, he searched the room. A lime green mini dress was lying beside his carelessly strewn clothes on the floor. He picked up the clothes. His blue shirt, her green dress, her black strapless bra, his navy blue jeans and a black g-string. The G-string was torn, like it was ripped hastily. And finally, her black Prada clutch.

Another memory popped as he walked towards the bathroom with the libidinous three pieces of clothing that belonged to her. He was the one who had ripped that teeny weeny bit of material from her hips. As he handed her the clothes, he caught a glimpse of her naked reflection in the bathroom mirror behind her. Mmm...spankable. Unfortunately for Jeremy, there was no memory reminding him of any spanking actions that might have occurred the night before.

She grabbed the clothes from his hand and banged the door on his face. So much for that sweet voice.

The doorbell rang. Jeremy quickly slid on a pair of slacks that were hanging by a chair. Crispy bacon, omelettes, croissants, toast bread and grilled tomatoes made his tummy rumble. But he didn't want to eat without her. His mother would probably derail him non-stop for not waiting for the lady. Instead, he poured himself simmering hot coffee, sat down on the sofa and slowly sipped, watching the bathroom door.

At thirty, Jeremy was not a virgin to flings with hot women. He had seen them all. Latinas, with their curvaceous bodies and vivacious attitudes were sort of his favorite. Lena Mendez, his former girlfriend was right up there in the number one spot of women in his hot list. But Lena, wanted, no begged, no no wait, demanded a marriage. Jeremy, was not your marrying kind. He had seen how his parents' marriage of twenty-two years were filled with daily arguments and an tiring amount of ranting that his younger and sister and he had to endure.

Foxy and delectable Lena who later became like a night old dish of tacos with her constant demands of, "Jerrrrrremmmmyy! When are we having the wedding?" He packed the bags for her and sent her off. On the other hand, were his parents. Boy, he had enough of the two most argumentative people in the face of the planet. Love can take a hike for all he cares. Besides, the women who came to him, seems to be pretty clingy for his taste to even have his mind changed. Every other day, he would have disappeared the instant, he found a woman in his bed. Or just wam-bam, thank you mam and a goodbye kiss later.

But there was something about the green dressed woman with her black undies, who was now stepping out of the bathroom. Her hair was up in a bun, probably to disguise the dishevelled hair she had woken up with. Trying but failing to pull the hemline of her dress down but that revealed more cleavage and she was tugging the top of the dress. Reckoning she was not the type who went for one-night stands much, he gulped down the coffee. Awkwardly, she stood looking at every bit of the room, except him. There was something gnawing at him, in the back of the head. Something. But what?

"Why don't you have some breakfast? I've ordered enough for both of us. Thought you might like some food."

Rachel's eyes shifted to the small table in front of the bed. All she wanted was to make a graceful exit with her head held up high. She could feel his eyes on her.

He sensed her apprehension. She wanted to make a run for the door. Was it because of him? Was it bad for her last night? Nah! Jeremy, the one-night guy? Nah!

He couldn't let her go like that when he was sure, something had taken place the night before. "Hey, you uhm... remember anything about last night?" He studied her face.

A wave of emotions swept over her face and he regretted having asked the question. For all he knew, she might just start screaming at him, like she did before and his head would probably split into two.

She opened her mouth.

Quickly, placing the coffee mug back onto the table in front of him, both his hands raised in surrender, "No! Don't scream. I didn't mean anything. Just something keeps coming up in my head but I can't quite figure it out. So yeah, I was thinking you might remember something."

Who is this guy? Do I seriously look like I remember anything? I don't even recall how I ended up in his bed. Or how my G-string got ripped. The G-string was carefully rolled up and tucked into her clutch. It didn't seem right to discard it in his room. Who knows what kind of a fiend he might be? Oh oh, I should really get out of here.

Rachel studied the distance from where she was standing to the door of her escape. Now that the attractions and lust had worn off, she didn't quite like handsome hunka hunka Jeremy, no more. There was something oddly familiar about him. Where have I seen him?

"Look, I need to use the bathroom. So why don't you eat something and then we'll talk." He poured a cup of coffee into another mug and held it up to her.

Talk. What talk? Why talk?

Moving cautiously towards his hand with the mug, she glanced up at him. He gave her a small smile.

"Thank you." She took the mug from him and took a quick drink, only to get her tongue scorched. Her eyes squinted and blinked several times as her tongue adjusted to the sudden increase in temperature its been horrifically subjected to.

"Hey babe... take your time." He held up his palms to her in a friendly manner. "Relax, no hurry."

She set the mug down and looked towards the door deliberately avoiding eye contact with him.

"Eat something, please" He urged her.

"No, its alright. I should be leaving," She got up and froze in mid-air as he caught her hand.

The looked at each other. Rachel was tensed and wanted nothing more than to get out of that dastardly room. She needed to get back to Halle and Liz, her safe haven. Rachel's been a bad girl and it was time for a confession with her two best gal pals.

No apparent reaction from her. Weird, man. Just weird. Was he really that bad last night. But there was the case of the ripped G-string, so things might have gotten steamy. Jeremy motioned for her to sit down.

When Rachel realized that he was not going to let her go without a talk, she sighed and sat down on a chair, he had pulled up for her. Her stomach rumbled loudly when he handed her a plate of glorious food. Chuckling, he sat back on another chair and bit onto some bacon strips.

"Guessed, you might be hungry." He smiled at her.

She offered him a weak smile.

Jeremy felt as if he had been just slapped with cold salmon on his cheek.

"So what's your name?"

She raised an eyebrow. Like he didn't know, already.

"I meant your full name..."

"Rach...." She thought for a while. "Rachelle Smith."

"Rachelle? I thought you were Rachel."

"No, no, no. Me Rachel? No."

"Rachelle...sounds cool," He shrugged. He was darn sure her name was Rachel.

She chewed on the croissant, slowly. Jeremy knew she was purposefully chewing slowly so as to avoid talking to him.

"Rrright. Smith huh?" Jake sipped his coffee slowly. She didn't seem like a 'Smith'.

"New York?" He asked.

A nod.

"I'm Jerem..."

"Yeah Jeremy, I remember that..." She offered with a small fake laugh.

"Hey... erm, Rachelle, look last night was..."

"A mistake!" She nibbled faster on the croissant.

A raised eyebrow, "Mistake?" She must really like the word.

"Yes!" She was stuffing the croissant into her mouth now as her eyes darted towards the door.

A mistake? What's wrong with her? Last night was incredible or at least what I recall now. Jeremy's friend down below, stirred slightly as he recalled a scene from their romp last night, where her head was buried between his legs.

"Hey, you urm, wanna meet up again? When we are back in New York?" Jake offered politely.

Are you nuts? Just because I slept with you, doesn't mean I want to do it again. She wanted to say every word that she thought. But he's been nice, actually very nice to her since she had woken up this morning.

"I...will be busy." She replied chewing on the last morsel of croissant. Liar, no you won't be. You can still manage your time and you know it.

"What do you do?"

"I... work... in... the...library." Liar, liar

"Really? I go there often but I don't remember seeing you."

"I'm busy, you know." Liar, liar, pants on fire. No she isn't wearing pants. Liar, liar tight mini dress on fire.

Jeremy looked at her for a while and stood up. She stopped nibbling on a croissant and stared up at him. "I need to use the bathroom." He told her. She nodded, looking at the croissant.

Jeremy let himself into the bathroom and closed the door. Why that woman? She sleeps with me, then makes me feel as if she had the worst night of sex and couldn't wait to get her ass out of my life forever. He turned on the tap and let the water run. Scooping handfuls of cold water, he slapped his face. Looking at the mirror, he sighed. There, a little memory crept into him. Shit!




As soon as the bathroom door closed, Rachel shot out from the chair and flew out of Jeremy's room. Running and walking as fast as she could in her six-inch heels, she punched her finger on the elevator button impatiently. Casting quick glances behind her, she sighed with relief as the gold covered doors opened.

The click clack of the running high heels on the lobby had several guests turning their heads at the green-dressed blonde. But Rachel didn't care.

"Thank you, God." She said as she got into the cab.

"No, I am not God. I'm Bobby." The cab driver informed her, smiling at her.

"Oh," Was all Rachel managed as she took one last look at the hotel's entrance.

"Where to miss?" Bobby smiled at her again, cheerful as the bright shining morning sun.

"Star View Hotel, please. And please do hurry, Bobby." She spoke politely but anxiously hoping that Jeremy will not run out of the hotel's main doors any minute now.

Rachel slammed her palm on the elevator button. Thankfully, not many walked around the hotel lobby except for the staff. Some of the female staff stared at her and whispered amongst themselves.

"Do I seriously look that bad?" Rachel asked the elevator doors.

"No, Rach, you don't" Rachel's head glanced to the right from where the voice had spoken to her.

"They are looking at me."

Rachel suppressed a laugh but it got the best of her. "Halle, what on earth happened to you?"

Halle's hair was pointed in all sorts of directions. She had sprayed a huge amount of hair spray, the night before and the now the stubborn long strands poked out like barbed wire. There were love bites on her neck, in a path, trailing some more down to her breasts. Rachel was sure there were more, but didn't want to know or ask. And something bright red caught her eye. Rachel laughed again as the elevator doors opened with a beep.

"What happened to your shoe?" Rachel asked.

"I have no clue, whatsoever." She said dangling one red heel with her fingers.

Rachel's eyes travelled down to Halle's bare feet.

"Fine. Go ahead and laugh at me. Laugh at your poor little friend who had to hail her cab barefooted and walk through the lobby of a five star hotel in Las Vegas, barefooted, holding one red heel and looking like the wicked witch of the west on a bad hair day." Michelle said, staring at Rachel.

They looked at each other in silence as the elevator button at 12th lighted up. Rachel still suppressing laughter, which kept bubbling up.

"Where were you?" They both asked each other.

"You first!" Demanded Halle waving her red heel at Rachel.

"I was with..." Rachel considered, if she should say the name. She felt really awful about what had happened. The night with Jeremy, should never have happened. She had sneaked out like he was a one-night stand. Well, technically he was, but still... but she knew, he was at least being civil about it, more than what she could give herself credit for.

"Jake! You spent the night with him?"

"No, its not Jake."

14th floor button lighted.

"Jack!"

"No, its not Jack!"

"Who?" The red heel waved in front of her face, demanding an answer.

"Jeremy," A whisper.

"Right." The red heel rested snugly in its owner's hand.

"And, where were you?" Rachel demanded.

Silence.

Ding!

The elevator doors opened.

As they stepped out, Rachel grabbed Halle's arm. "Where were you last night, Halle?"

Halle shook her head and pulled her arm out of Rachel's hold. She hurried to their hotel room. Standing in front of their room door, she searched, her purse. Halle's palm slapped her forehead.

"I don't have it either. Think I must have dropped in Jeremy's room." She said sheepishly.

"Argh! What do we do now?" Halle asked sighing. "I really need a good shower right now."

Each woman looked at the floor, avoiding the other's gaze.

"Wait," Rachel spoke up. "Where's Liz?"

"Oh! We brought her into the room last night and left." Halle answered.

Rachel impatiently pressed on the door bell.

"Whose we?" Rachel eye Halle suspiciously as she pressed the doorbell furiously.

"Halle!"

"Alright, alright. I was with Ice!"

"The stripper?"

"Yes! And he is an entertainer." Halle said proudly. "He was gentleman enough to bring Liz to the room. I gave him the key and he put it inside his pocket."

The door opened. And a fresh looking Liz stood staring at her two friends.

"Well, look who finally decided to remember their friend." Liz said with arms crossed across her chest. "And like, wow, you two look like shit. What the hell happened to you, Halle?" Liz laughed.




Liz was sitting at the edge of the bed, chewing on a piece of watermelon fruit. "You know, this is really yummy. Sweet." She said, taking another piece from the plate that was delivered to their hotel room. "You two want some?"

"No!" Came both of Rachel's and Halle answer.

Each one flew around the room, picking up their belongings and packing them into their suitcases. Neither of them spoke a word and it puzzled Liz, who kept eating the watermelon cut pieces. The plate was left with a couple more pieces. "Seems to me, both of you had done something. Why so quiet huh?" Liz spoke, pointing her fork at Rachel and then to Halle.

"I'm good." Rachel said without looking up.

"Me too." Halle said as she remained bent over her suitcase.

Liz poked her fork into the two remaining watermelon slices and gagged them into her mouth. A juicy liquid, drooled down the side of her chin, which she wiped with a tissue. She squinted her eyes at her two friends. "Nope, I'm not buying that. Something went down with you two." Liz said as she stood up.

"I'm ready." Rachel said as she dragged her suitcase to the door.

"I'm done." Halle said, pulling her suitcase next to Rachel's.

Rachel and Halle stared at Liz.

"What?" She asked.

"Liz, hurry already. Our flight leaves in forty - five minutes!" Rachel nodded towards the door.

"Oh-oh, we are leaving today? I thought it was tomorrow. Guess I'm still having a hangover." Liz said, smiling sheepishly at them.

Rachel and Halle looked at each other and back at Liz. "Liz!" They both shouted at the same time.

Liz sped around the room, picking up her things and throwing them into her suitcase. Unable to zip it up, she sat on it, while Rachel pulled the zipper to close.

"The hotel got us a cab. C'mon. We probably have to beg them to let us into the departure hall now."

Rachel, Halle and Liz plopped down into their seats. Liz had the window seat and watched the clouds.

"Hey, girls... Why do I feel so pulled to clouds? Like I am flying." Liz asked.

Halle nudged Rachel, who was sitting between them. "I'm telling you Rach, she has no clue what she did last night." Both laughed at Liz who looked at them, shrugging a "What?"

"You were flying in your seat, honey. Last night. At the Tigerz Club." Halle said as a pang of guilt washed over her as the word 'Tigerz' rolled off her tongue.

"And, where exactly where you?" Liz asked Halle and then her eyes shifted to Rachel. "I woke up this morning, only to discover both of you missing."

Rachel took a deep breath and closed her eyes. "I was with Jeremy." She opened her eyes. "And we did it!"

"What?" Both Halle and Liz screamed.

"You did?" Halle asked.

Rachel rolled her eyes. "Otherwise, I wouldn't have been standing at the Grand View's lift lobby early in the morning, would I?"

Silence.

Rachel hated herself for what she did. Brazenly, she had flirted with Jeremy on the flight to Vegas. Like an over-rated lustful siren, she had accepted his note with the mobile number and then called him, from her hotel room's phone to meet up on the night of her birthday. So much for a wild night. What a birthday to remember!

"Halle?" Liz asked.

Halle buried her face into her hands.

"Halle, you okay?" Rachel asked, rubbing her friend's back.

"I slept with Ice!"

"The stripper!" Liz yelled, and the other passengers looked their way.

Liz cringed while Rachel lightly punched her arm.

"Condoms?" Liz asked.

Halle nodded.

"I am not too sure. I can't remember and I didn't ask." Rachel said.

The three women exchanged looks with each other and remained quiet in their seats. Rachel couldn't erase Jeremy's face from her memories. She recalled shouting, "Oh Jeremy, more, more..." and there was that thing which he had told her about. Probably, something trivial. Yes, that's it. Something trivial, not important at all. No sir! Rachel smiled to herself. It had been the best birthday she had, with the two most wonderful people in her life.

Each of Rachel's hands grabbed Halle's and Liz's. "Hey, we really had fun didn't we?" She squeezed their hands.

"Oh yeah, we did, alright! Did I kiss that male stripper?" Liz asked.

Halle smiled. "You are right, Rach. So very right. What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas." She squeezed Rachel's hand. "And yes Liz, you did kiss Ice."

"And you showed him your boob. One." Liz said.

"Honey, I think I showed more than that." Halle winked as the women laughed.

Busy laughing and retrieving their luggage, the three women stepped out of the welcome halls.

"Hey, Halle. There's your dad." Rachel waved to a skinny and tall man with a grey moustache.

"Hello ladies. How was your trip?" Halle's dad asked as she gave him a hug.

"Wonderful! Amazing!" The three of them chorused together, bursting out laughing.

"I hope you girls didn't get into any sort of trouble. Vegas is a nasty place for single young ladies like yourselves." Halle's dad asked, looking very serious.

Rachel saw Halle's smile disappear. "No, Reverend Petersen. We were good. Very well - behaved."

Reverend Petersen smiled. He would believe Rachel. She was a good girl. Well brought - up by her grandparents ever since her own parents met their cruel fate in a plane crash.

"Come along, Halle. I need to prepare my sermon for the coming Sunday service. Will you two be interested in joining us for service?" He asked, looking at Rachel and Liz.

Rachel and Liz shook their heads. Reverend Petersen shrugged his shoulders and wheeled Halle's luggage ahead of him.

"Why do I feel like I've committed some unpardonable sin?" Halle asked her best friends.

"It's the Reverend. He has this aura about him." Liz said, watching Halle's dad.

"Halle, just go." Rachel encouraged her. "Forget about it. Ice is in Vegas. And remember, what happens in Vegas..."

"Stays in Vegas." The three sang in chorus again.

"What stays in Vegas?" A male voice interrupted the women.

A pair of arms wrapped around Rachel's waist and pulled her into a warm and long kiss as Halle and Liz watched. Rachel broke the kiss.

"Hey, Brad." She said smiling at the man.

"So what has been my fiancé been up to in Vegas, huh? How was your birthday, cupcake?" Brad kissed Rachel's lips again.

"Fantastic!" She chirped, looking at Halle and Liz.

On cue, Halle and Liz nodded.

"Well, we will see you around, Halle. I need Rachel back. It's been a four - day misery being away from her. Hey Liz, come along. We'll give you a ride back home." Brad said, picking up Rachel's and Liz's luggage and rolled them towards the exit.

Rachel, Halle and Liz looked at each other and heaved a huge sigh.
© Copyright 2013 Peridot Angel (peridotangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1925992-Rachels-Dilemma