*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1926140-Twilights-Birthday
Rated: E · Short Story · Fanfiction · #1926140
Just a short story I'm working on, set before Twilight moves to Ponyville.
Twilight's Birthday.

By Downunda Thunda. (AKA Brony-Pony)

It's a nice sunny day in Canterlot. Twilight was studying hard in her room of Canterlot Castle, with her best friend, Spike. Twilight is a purple unicorn, with a blue and purple mane and tail. Spike, was a little blue and green dragon, which Twilight herself hatched to get into the Canterlot Royal Magic academy. It was there that she was noticed by Princess Celestia, who decided to take Twilight under her wing, and personally mentor her. Other than Spike, Twilight had no other friends. She had no need for them. In her mind, friends were just distractions from study. Nothing was more important to Twilight than her study. I'm certain that if she could, she'd study in her sleep. As Twilight was studying, There was a knock on her door. “Come in.” Said Twilight, without even looking up from her book. “It's locked, Twi.” Replied a male voice. “Don't worry. I've got it.” Said Spike, who went over and opened the door. When he did, he saw a white stallion standing there. “Twilight?” He said.

Hearing his voice clearly, she finally looked up from her book and sees her big brother, Shining Armour, in her room. “Oh, Sorry. I didn't know you were coming over.” Said Twilight. “If I did, I would've tidied up a little bit.” The room is a bit messy, books and papers were everywhere. “You forgot, didn't you.” Said Shining Armour. “Forgot? What did I forget?” “I told you yesterday I was going to come over, and do something with you for your birthday.” The truth is, Twilight had actually forgotten her own birthday. She had to write this essay on Starswerl the Bearded for Princess Celestia, and she was so caught up in that, that the thought of her birthday completely slipped out of her mind. “Oh, sorry Big Brother. I'm really busy. I gotta write this paper and....”
“Let me interrupt you there, Twi.” Said her brother. “It's your birthday. I'm sure the princess will understand if you just tell her that I took you out to your present.”
After a long period of thought, she finally agreed. “Okay, I'll go with you. Just let me finish this paragraph. It won't take long.” So she went back to her paper, and wrote for a few minutes, before she finally seemed satisfied with what she had, and rolled up her parchment. “Okay. I'm ready. Let's go, big brother.” Said Twilight, and the two of them left the castle.

After they stopped for a quick lunch, Shining Armour led her back to the castle, and covered her eyes. They must have gone through 10 miles of hallway, in order to confuse her, which worked, before Shining Armour finally uncovered her eyes. When they adjusted to the sudden brightness, she saw that she was standing outside the Canterlot Castle library. “Ta-da!” Said Shining Armour, with pride. “It's yours. Allong with all the books in it. You complained about not having enough research material near you, all the time, that I thought about buying this for you. After I got promoted to head of the Royal Guard, I was able to afford to put the deposit down for you. Happy Birthday, Twilight.” Twilight looked up at her brother. “Did you say; “Head of the Royal Guard?” She asked. “Yes, yes I did. I got the promotion about a week ago, and I wanted to surprise you. So surprise!”

Twilight threw her front legs around her brothers neck in a massive hug. “Oh, thankyouthankyouthankyou! You're the best brother anypony could wish for! And congratulations on your promotion.” Said Twilight. “Thank you and you're welcome, Twilight. You know I'd do anything to keep you happy.” Of course I know that. You're my B.B.B.F.F.”


That's alI have for now. Please feel free to let me know what you think, and anything that you think might improve the storyline. Any good input will not be ignored, and if I like it enough, it might just make its way into the final version of the story.
© Copyright 2013 Brony Pony (brony-pony at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1926140-Twilights-Birthday