*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1926374-Date-Night
Rated: E · Short Story · Entertainment · #1926374
Everything was going wrong... (1st place, 150 word wonder contest)

This story was awarded first place in the 150 word wonder contest 3/30/2013


Date Night


The blackened roast smoked on the counter; I fanned it with a towel toward the opened window. Two smoke alarms beeped, echoing through my apartment. There were blisters on half of my fingers. Everything was going wrong.

The door bell rang.

Stuffing the hand towel into my pocket, I made my way to the door, checking myself in the living room mirror. The small fire I began, while adding vodka to the penne sauce, had removed my right eyebrow, and singed my bangs; there was soot on my forehead.

I made my way to the bathroom; splashed some water on my face, and penciled in an eyebrow with mascara. It was a rush job and it looked horrible. As I turned to head toward the door, I slipped on the splashed water, hitting my head on the toilet; knocking myself out. When I came to, the house was peaceful again.

********

© Copyright 2013 Eli VanDyne (elivandyne at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1926374-Date-Night