*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1926406-Sheeps-gift
Rated: E · Other · Children's · #1926406
A children's story about giving
Sheep's gift

         Sheep felt left out and puzzled. All her friends seemed to have more to offer the Jones family than she did. The hens gave them eggs for breakfast, the cows milk and cheese, the horse a spirited ride, the pigs bacon and the rooster a wake up call every morning. Sheep only could offer her extra fur that some called wool. It was thick and bulky. She was glad for the day that they would sheer it off. It was more of a nuisance to her more than anything else. What did she have to offer that was different from her friends at the farm. She heard all the animals singing their songs. The hen clucking,"look at my new eggs aren't they fine?" The horse neighing "I can give the family rides all day long." The pig sang oink oink "nothing tastes better than bacon and pork". The cows said "moove out of the way there is nothing like cow's milk, which can be made ice cream. Nothing tasted better on a hot summer day". All Sheep knew to say was baa, baa humbug. What do I have besides wool that others might use.

         Then one day sheep gave birth to Lamby. What would she tell her baby as all the animals crowded around to see? Sometimes value is something that one can not see without the eyes of faith. One day farmer Jones came to talk about something new and wonderful. Easter was coming. Someone called the "Lamb of God" was going to be celebrated that day. Before she could ask any questions farmer Jones and his family were off to this place called a church. She asked the other animals to take care of her baby. She was going to find out for herself what this Lamb of God was all about. On the way one of the church people saw her and invited her to come to church that day. They made her feel important, like she had something to offer that no one else did.

         She went up to the front of the church and stood near a man who liked to talk. He seemed to be so happy. The other people sang with him; "Thank you God for sending us the lamb that was given for what our sin." Sheep's ears perked up she all of a sudden had goose-bumps, her hairy wool stood up on end. The talkative man pointed at the sheep. Baa Baa had she done something bad? Mr Talk a lot said that she, sheep had given the best gift of all. He shared about what sin was. It was something to do with those God created not getting along with each other. Then she heard the most marvelous news. God sent the "Lamb of God" to save people from their sin. For the first time she understood why she was there. She gave birth to sheep like Lamby to remind people that the greatest gift of all was God's creatures getting along better. Baa baa she said as she got back to farm to greet all her friend; "we are blessed to know that we have the gift of each other. Together we can share that God loves one and all."
© Copyright 2013 drifter (peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1926406-Sheeps-gift