*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1926600-The-Three-Ns
Rated: E · Outline · Biographical · #1926600
Funny, inspiring, a true story of perseverance against obstacles and the power of dreams.
• This mother's dream took her family from the hills of Tennessee across the Midwest to Missouri and then on to Michigan. Medical school was more than grueling. For years through every exam and weary days of near defeat the family's cheerleading prevailed for Joyce to 'keep her chin up and not give up". Homesick for the family life they once knew, they proudly watched as Joyce graduated as a Doctor at the age of 44. Little did they realize, but some of the hardest times were yet to be. The celebration of 'home sweet home' and excitement to 'hang out her shingle' soon evaporated. To say that things got off on the wrong foot is an understatement. Losing one practice after another just to start over again. Then as if things could not possibly get any worse, the unimaginable happened. Dr. Scott's 19 year old son tragically died. Devastated with grief, it is difficult to pick up the pieces of a broken heart and go on. The following years were unrelenting with pain and loss. Somehow through it all life goes on. The following years were a continuation of a journey to remember.
© Copyright 2013 countrydoc (joyceescott at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1926600-The-Three-Ns