*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1926771-What-Happens-After-The-Party
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Teen · #1926771
Tierra goes to a party with her friend Ericka.
How the hell did I get here? I wondered as I took a drink from the plastic cup Josh, the guy who was throwing the party, brought me. I never come to parties, not parties like this anyway. “Having fun babe?” Josh asked as he came up to me followed by two of his buddies. What is this crap, it tastes horrible. I went to set the cup down but it slipped and spilt all over the floor. “Oops,” I giggled as Josh took my hand and led me over to the couch across the room.

He started to kiss my neck, working his hands up my shirt to my breast, I laughed nervously, “Hey, I’m going to go find Erika.” I tried to get up, only to be yanked back down. “She’s upstairs, so don’t worry about her, ok, baby.” He said as he crushed his lips onto mine and snaked his hands behind my back. I gasped as he unfastened my bra and began massaging my breast. “Let’s go upstairs,” He whispered, getting up and heading for the stairs, pulling me with him.

When we reached his room, he had already unzipped his pants. I was too drunk to really protest, and what protest I did make, was rewarded with a slap to the face. He pushed me down on the bed and started crawling up my body. “You’ll like it, just relax” He whispered against my neck, before starting to lift my shirt. “Hey, Tierra, we need to get going! You got to pick up Natalie!” Ericka shouted from outside the door. “We’re busy!” Josh shouted back, Wait! Natalie? My daughter! I pushed Josh off me and ran and opened the door. “Let’s go.” I grabbed Ericka’s hand and ran out to my car.

I pulled into Natalie’s babysitter’s driveway and got out. Mrs. Handan was already waiting out on the front porch with Natalie fast asleep in her arms. “I was wondering if you were going to show up.” She said as I took Natalie and handed her a twenty. “I was busy,” I said, as turned to walk back to the car. Mrs. Handan grabbed my shoulder, jerking me back, “Is that alcohol I smell on your breath?” She asked, “Oh for heaven’s sake, you’ve been drinking, haven’t you?! And you're going to drive?” I nodded as she shook her head. I waved at her, buckled Natalie in her car seat, then got in and pulled out back onto the road.

Ten minutes after leaving the party, I finally felt the full effect of the alcohol kicking in. All of a sudden, Ericka started screaming as we ran over the bank and the car went flying through the air. When we landed, I looked back, Ericka wasn’t in the car, and Natalie had blood covering her face. I turned back, tears soaking my face and thought. What have I done?
© Copyright 2013 Lexi-Kun (lexikun at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1926771-What-Happens-After-The-Party