*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1927013-Drink-Tea-Help-reduce-inflammation
Rated: · Other · Health · #1927013
A brief article on how tea assists in reducing the symptoms of arthritis & fibromyalgia.
According to the Center for Disease Control’s statistics for 2012, there are approximately 50 million people in the United States suffering from some form of arthritis. Of those 50 million, there are 27 million osteoarthritis (OA) sufferers, 5 million fibromyalgia (FMS), and 1.5 million rheumatoid arthritis (RA) sufferers. The “cost attributed to arthritis” (CDC website) is $86.2 billion. Just think what this country could do with that money if we could find natural, herbal, &/or homeopathic ways to at least relieve the pain & inflammation association with the various forms of arthritis. Today, there are becoming more studies & research done on various non-prescription ways to help arthritis sufferers. One of the recommendations from not only Rheumatologists, but also other specialists is drinking tea; specifically green tea & oolong tea (also known as brown tea).

According to WebMD, “Oolong tea is a product made from the leaves, buds, and stems of the Camellia sinensis plant. This is the same plant that is also used to make black tea and green tea. The difference is in the processing. Oolong tea is partially fermented, black tea is fully fermented, and green tea is unfermented. Tea has been used for centuries in different parts of Europe & Asia for health & medicinal uses, as well as Spiritual ones. There is an ingredient in green tea that helps to reduce inflammation called epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG). Green tea also has other health benefits, so even if it doesn’t happen to work for you, there is other beneficial reasons for drinking green tea; lower cholesterol, weight control, etc. People who drink green tea have to keep in mind it does have caffeine, although not as much as a cup of coffee. Some people who suffer from fibromyalgia are known to have sensitivities to a variety of different things, including caffeine & sugar (which some people add to their tea). Plus, people who suffer from fibromyalgia also have problems with sleep, anxiety, and muscle tremors. These probability of having these issues is increased when caffeine is added, so please be aware of the amount of tea your body can handle comfortably.

People who drink tea, whether it be black, oolong, or green tea, overall have better chances in improving their overall health. Just be aware of how your body reacts to the individual types of tea, as each type has a different amount of caffeine. Also remember that articles discussing the use of tea to help with inflammation are referring to straight tea; no honey, sugar, milk, etc. Some of these products may either interfere with the natural chemicals & ingredients in the tea, or they may be a trigger for your health problems.
© Copyright 2013 Writer Renae (writer_renae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1927013-Drink-Tea-Help-reduce-inflammation