*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1927016-Mow-the-Lawn
Rated: E · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1927016
Little Jimmy learns to mow the lawn...but its way to late for him.
         "Jimmy mow the lawn already!" his mom yelled, "You better do it this time or you're grounded!"

         Sighing Jimmy went outside to start the mower.  As he looked across the grass the more he regretted it.  It looked like a jungle.  Grass grew uncontained and covered the sidewalk as though it didn't exit.  The grass itself was about up to his waist.  He could see brambles, stickers, roses(wild of course), and a few other plants that could hurt a lot. 

         Soon Jimmy got the mower started and started moving it to the grass.  However, as soon as the mower touched the first blade of grass it stopped.  Jimmy tried to get it started again but it didn't work.  He turned it off and tried to flip it over to see if anything was caught.  After struggling for a couple minutes Jimmy stood in shock.  The grass had woven itself around the blades so tight nothing could hope to get it free.

         It was almost sundown. 

         After hours later Jimmy sat down exhausted.  He looked up and saw that the sun was already gone.  He stood up and began to trudge back inside.  However, a rustle came to his attention in the grass.  He stopped and looked in the direction of the sound.  He was startled when he saw large yellow eyes in the grass.  Frightened it might be a wolf Jimmy cut through the lawn to get inside.  Then he tripped.  The grass itself had wrapped itself around his ankle and was slowly pinning his entire body to the ground.  It turned it over so he could see.  Above him was a large humanoid woven of grass.  His eyes were unnaturally bright dandelions and his teeth were sharp brambles.  His fingers were long branches with thorns at the end.  And then he reached for Jimmy.  Jimmy didn't even think to scream.

         The grass whistled in the night.  A single red flower bloomed in the dark grass, it glowed in it's place a single foot away from the porch.  Dandelions had already begun to choke the life out of it.

         Looking outside Jimmy's mother wondered when he would come back in for supper.  She had made spaghetti, his favorite, for congratulation of finally trying to mow the lawn.
© Copyright 2013 Orion's Dagger (lit200 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1927016-Mow-the-Lawn