*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1927391-I-Miss-Yesterday
Rated: E · Poetry · Entertainment · #1927391
I think the past had some pretty good days. Don't you?
I Miss Yesterday

I miss the good old days of college.
I loved the dorms and the roommates who were like sisters to me.
The boys I knew were nicer than my brothers.
Each day was filled with classes that satisfied my mind with fine literature, passionate music and trips back into history.
In the morning, I couldn’t wait to walk among the tall pine trees in the fresh air.
It was a place that was like a city for people just my age.
At night, I laughed with friends in the student center after a meal that I hardly stopped to chew.
Friday nights were filled with football games that made my emotions soar.
Then on Sunday, I walked across campus to the old small church.
Sometimes I felt as if I was the only one awake and outside so early.
I feel that I grew in so many ways in those years.
I miss them, but I have only to look through my yearbook and I am on the campus again.


This school was Stephen F. Austin State University in Nacogdoches. It was beautiful.
© Copyright 2013 Dorianne (jumacu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1927391-I-Miss-Yesterday