*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1927739-Hey-Mr-Rabbit
by 13liss
Rated: E · Poetry · Friendship · #1927739
Poem with some social commentary.
I sit in perfect silence, my eyes trailing the lone rabbit darting around the sparse field. I admire the beauty of the small ball of fur, leaping and bounding in its own little way. I begin to wonder why it is so that we cannot be friends. Why can I not walk over ‘hey Mr Rabbit, would you show me your rabbit home?’ Stroll over with him his paw in my hand, and fit so snugly into his rabbit hole. We could sit and ponder what it means to be human or rabbit and why that we care, as we feast on my sandwich and his grass alike.

If there is a deity, why would he create such a large divide between all his creations? Why wouldn’t he want more friendship, love, knowledge and understanding?

The feeling empowers me and I extend my arm out, a gesture of greetings to my small little friend. Now the rabbit is gone, I’m alone once more. For fear is the barrier, which separates us all. Admire we may, but make use of this we cannot. If we shared the same looks, name and language then would he be afraid?

As I sit here and wonder, if we weren’t labelled, would we be friends?
© Copyright 2013 13liss (13liss at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1927739-Hey-Mr-Rabbit