*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1927855-Life-in-Cambodia
Rated: E · Chapter · Cultural · #1927855
The life of staying in one of the world's most poorest country..
The life of staying in Cambodia.

A lot of us are constantly complaining about our lives being boring, being stagnant and that we are not making enough money. Well, trying being one of the many cambodians whom are merely making ends meet.

I saw kids roaming the streets in the morning and at night, sweeping dusts off cars that are at the traffic light, begging for pennies and they do this everyday. We have kids in Malaysia, running away from their meal times, whereby kids here are fighting for a piece of bread.
I saw old women, dragging a huge wagon, carrying rubbish and items that were thrown away by folks, to them, these items are precious, where we find it useless. I am a person of very little words, and I have stayed in more than 3 countries for the past 6 years, and never have I seen such poverty and such sadness in the eyes of these poor sorry souls.
God is fair and loved by all, but to witness such painful sights makes you think, What are we actually doing in this world? Why are there people who are so much less fortunate than others? Why is there sufferings and why is there no one out there to help these poor individuals?
I will post pictures and more stories of my daily rounds through the streets of Cambodia. I am living here as an expat, and I am very blessed to be living comfortably compared to these people who are living in the streets, fighting for the lives and their daily survivals. Until then, stay happy and contented with your lives, as you will never know when it will end. Take care and God bless.



Your friend,
Melody Yeoh
© Copyright 2013 Melody Yeoh (melodyyeoh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1927855-Life-in-Cambodia