*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1928856-Solitude-is-Bliss-
Rated: E · Article · Spiritual · #1928856
Solitude is the true form of peace
I'm in love with the sentence, "Solitude is Bliss". Though, sometimes I'm unable to comprehend the meaning but yet I love the meaning that I have deciphered from the sentence.
Those moments of solitude before the pressures of the day actually begin...
Those moments of solitude, when you stand aloof from the crowd, on your own, with self-immersed thoughts of nothing special and yet you seem to enjoy that....
A walk on a dark night with the road glistening under the bright moonlight showing you the way home, with the soft sound of trees rustling and the feel of the cool breeze of the wind on your face.....

Sitting alone in the terrace at midnight, with earphones plugged in your ears, sounds of slow soft music wafting in, solitude can be bliss....

These moments are the ones when we spend time only with ourselves. Far away from everyone, far away from the pressures of work and home, far away from the annoying problems of the day, far away from each and every torturous tension around us, we spend some quality time with our own very selves. These are the prime precious moments when we wonder and think about so many things. Analyse situations and most importantly this is where we are actually at peace with ourselves...

The beauty of a simple field....
The beauty of a waterfall....
The beauty of the rains and the smell of the earth after that....
The beauty of fresh country air...
The beauty of high cliffs, green forests, blue sky with white clouds moving rhythmically....
The beauty of the nature....



I imagine, I'm seated on a rocky beach, alone at the peak of the night... It's completely dark with the sky studded with a million stars all in their beautiful colours twinkling, the heavenly moon.... The calm blue sea, black in the dark of the night, the moon shimmering in the waters of the sea.... The cool breeze of the wind... the slow surfing of the waves... This is the time, when I feel I'm on paradise... Because this is the time, when I get the chance to be with myself... when I'm totally "me".

Our days start with the ringing of the alarm bell loudly. We, accustomed to our daily routines, like zombies start getting ready for our respective jobs, like for work or college or school... Most of the day is lost in that. We are with people, who know us or who act as if they know us, known and unknown. We act fake, we act smart, we hide our true faces under the masks of so many emotions. Tired and on the verge on exhaustion, we come back to our homes and bury ourselves under work or academics again. Then shove some food down our food pipes and go off to sleep. The next day, the same old routine begins again.... Where is the time that we need for ourselves?

We study for a better future? What is there in a future when we don't even have time for ourselves?
We work hard for a better living? What's there in living when all we do is act like automated robots or zombies every single waking minute of the day?
We put on fake smiles, we wear good clothes to look good and we put on make-up to look gorgeous? But why? Tell me a reason why? None of us can provide a reasonable or satisfactory answer.

What's the use of life when we don't live it for our own selves??

I mean it when I say, Solitude is Bliss. Because in moments of solitude, one is at utmost peace of mind with nothing or nobody to disturb or trouble. The mind is at a state of calm, devoid of any kind of disturbance. And one is at bliss when there is nothing to trouble, nothing to pain and nothing to bother. It's a state of complete happiness, totally free from all the pains and worries and secure from the fake world around us.

Solitude is when we discover we are bonded with the universe, it's when we emerge with discoveries about ourselves and our surroundings in the quietness of an environment, it's when we let our creativity flow, it's when we liberate ourselves from everything painful, from everything worrisome. It's when we ponder over the decisions made and still we need to make. It's in the company of solitude we perceive the true world and the people around us. We are connected with our inner soul that responds to all our unanswered questions. It's when we develop ourselves, we purify ourselves in the moments of complete peace.

So, Solitude is Bliss :)
© Copyright 2013 pixie92 (pixie92 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1928856-Solitude-is-Bliss-