*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1928969-Attack-on-the-132nd-Bomber-Wing
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1928969
A mission into deadly skies, where demons fly
Attack on the 132nd Bomber Wing

"4 o'clock, from the clouds!"

Lieutenant Franks was jolted from his half-awake state by his starboard side  counterpart, giving him only a second to brace before the attack began. A dark swarm swept around the bomber as scores of winged beasts flew from their hiding spots in the clouds to strike at the formation. Immediately he fired into the swarm, a stream of bullets flying from his machine gun and into the beasts.

Mere seconds into the attack the bomber shuddered as two bodies slammed into it. Franks lost his grip on the machine gun as he raised a hand to brace himself against the Plexiglas wall of his bubble. Instinctively, he whirled around and witnessed the man who called out the attack be pulled screaming from the plane. In horror, he watched as a demon crawled into the bomber. Its monstrous teeth glinted in the light of countless explosions as it raised its claw to strike the poor Lieutenant.

Though panicked, Franks remembered his training, pulling out his pistol and unloading into the creature. Three bullets to the head caused the creature to scream in agony before a fourth caused it to fall back out of the plane.

Franks couldn't even catch his breath as the bubble and its machine gun behind him was torn from the plane as yet another demon launched himself at him. Franks threw himself away from the demon. Quickly, he looked around to see how his fellow flyers were doing. In the front, the Captain was fending off a demon with a shotgun with the co-pilot lying against the controls. In the back, the bombardier had been torn apart by another, which lapped up his blood like milk.

As his demon advanced, Franks was glad to remember to leave one bullet in his gun.

© Copyright 2013 shadowsofthealmighty (sota42 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1928969-Attack-on-the-132nd-Bomber-Wing