*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1929146-God-I-III
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Prose · Personal · #1929146
Poetry in prose. Some reflections on god.
I.
Eh.
I’m not convinced.

II.
I hate when people ask for proof of god’s existence. Honestly, I don’t care if he exists either way, but I do care when people are ignorant. No god is ever going to be “provable” by means of hard evidence.

Isn’t faith in the definition of religion? It’s something you believe without the need for evidence.

I’m not entirely convinced, but I believe in basic human rights. It’s your right to believe—or not believe—in whatever god you choose. No one has the right to tell you that your god exists. At the same time, stop trying to convert the non-believers.

Just because you believe does not mean that I have to believe. Just because I don’t believe doesn’t mean you aren’t allowed to believe. Just because someone believes in a different god (or gods) doesn’t mean they’re wrong.

III.
I choose to praise the worth of my ego, rather than some men that lived hundreds of years ago.

We have what is here in front of us. That’s it.

Live life. Love life. Be great. Be happy. Those are my commandments.

The only sin: disrespecting the rights of others. I live with my own self-interest as my principle goal. I’m not asking that you do the same. I’m asking that you respect my right to do so, just as I respect your right to believe in Jesus, God, Allah, Jehovah, or whoever you believe in. I don’t disrespect your rights; don’t disrespect mine.

My life is my religion.
© Copyright 2013 JStella (jstella at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1929146-God-I-III