*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1929199-LAN-The-Experience
by TJB
Rated: 13+ · Other · Internet/Web · #1929199
What happens when you can't go to something you want to do.. Small paragraph, will update.
Upon entering the building, the buffeting wind uneased him, as it felt too awkward; it was the height of summer, the trees piquing his sight with the lush greenery surrounding the obscured branches, brittle from the scorching sun. Small drops of rain were pattering on the glass panes, but were outnumbered compared to the roaring just a few yards away. The roof of the building was jumping up and down from the excitement of the people inside, like a cascading waterfall, the sound reflecting off the walls. Taps of keyboards complimented the setting, giving more of an ease for him. He was nervous, tense if you would call it that - how would he look to the people he met? It seemed so taboo to him, contradicting all the policies set by his parents and what he'd learnt in school. Which followed him forever: never meet up with strangers. But why was he so nervous? He'd bought up a close bond with the people he played with, and had a good time with throughout these past few weeks and months. But the unease was getting to him - sweating, he picked up the jumper tied by his waist, and wiped it over his brow, to calm himself. The haze of the sunshine caused butterflies to erupt from his mouth, amidst the chaos of nerves. This chap wasn't particularly outgoing due to his schooldays, where, to say the least, weren't his best. Committed, he kept on walking. "May I have your ticket, please?" It was time.
© Copyright 2013 TJB (thejaybelmont at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1929199-LAN-The-Experience