*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1929422-A-Night-at-The-Nest
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1929422
It is strange how the night you thought you'd have doesn't come to pass...
         Lori approached the door and felt the hard bass vibrate through her and her entire body tensed with anticipation.  She stepped through the doors of The Nest and smiled smugly at Curtis, the brawny bouncer that was always stationed at the main door of the bar.  Pausing a few paces away from Curtis, Lori breathed deeply of the unique smell that only existed at The Nest.  It was a strange combination of sweat, beer, hormones and pure human body and it completely intoxicated Lori.  She surveyed the room and smiled.  There was an exceptional quantity of meat at tonight’s market and she was thoroughly in the mood to find her some.

         Lori heard the appreciative comments and whistles as she sauntered to the bar and ordered a Miller Genuine Draft Light.  She knew she looked good in her tight black Wranglers that hugged her ass like a fine leather glove and bright red camisole that clung to her generous breasts and curves perfectly.  Extra attention had been given to her long golden hair and makeup and she’d even polished her Montana Silversmith buckle.  Yes, Lori was here to find a man… not for anything long term, just long enough to ease the needy, needy feeling that had begun to plague her, as only a man can.

         A well-worn black lace-up roper tapped to the driving beat of T-R-O-U-B-L-E, a song by Travis Tritt, that was being played fairly well by tonight’s band.  Lori was definitely looking for trouble as she took a long draft of her beer.  The cold bottle felt good in her hand as the music pulsed through her.  Lori smiled arrogantly as a tall man in a beat up straw cowboy hat sidled up to her and grabbed her ass.  She arched an eyebrow at him as she slowly perused his appearance with her dark brown eyes.

         “Getting’ a bit grabby there, aren’t you, Tex?” she smirked at him as she took another drink.  Tex was tall… Lori liked tall.  He was thin, maybe too thin, but she could overlook that.  His Wranglers were faded and clinging in all the right places and his t-shirt showed a few muscles and a tuft of chest hair.  Tex’ face was kind of triangular… not unpleasant to look at but certainly not as handsome as Lori would have preferred.  He had a five o’clock shadow that was dark over his somewhat weak chin and his dark hair seemed a bit greasy under the hat.  The arrogant smile that lifted his lips was equally evident in the depths of his blue eyes and Lori could smell the beer on his breath.

         “You are the best lookin’ thing to walk through these doors all night, baby.  Dance with me.” Tex demanded.  Lori allowed him to lead her to the dance floor as the band began playing All My Exes Live in Texas by George Strait.  Lori liked the way he held her close and used his body to let her know that he was as needy, needy as she was.  After the song ended, Lori and Tex returned to the bar where he bought her another beer even though she hadn’t finished the first one.

         Lori thought that maybe Tex had potential as they stood at the bar exchanging small talk.  He wasn’t terrible looking and who knew what kind of junk he was packing.  But as the night progressed, Tex got drunk… and the drunker Tex got, the grabbier he got until Lori was getting angry.  She’d come out tonight looking for a temporary bed warmer not a drunk octopus.  As closing time drew closer, Lori scowled, knowing that she’d wasted her evening on a poor cut of meat. 

         “Why don’t we blow this Popsicle stand and find us someplace dark and quiet?” Tex growled in what he obviously thought was a seductive voice.  Lori felt a surge of apprehension at the oily tone and struggled to swallow her revulsion.

         Tex put his arms around her and caught her arms roughly, holding them uncomfortably behind Lori’s back.  With a snarl and a glare, Lori brought her knee up and made contact with his groin.  Tex let her go abruptly and doubled over.

         “I think not, Tex.  I’m not interested in an octopus.” Lori snapped in disgust.  Tex, unable to talk for the pain he was in, glared daggers at her as a plump redhead put her arm around his back.

         “Whatsa matter, baby, this bitch bein’ mean to you?” the redhead purred.  “Come on, baby, I’ll show you a good time.”

         Tex straightened up and scowled at Lori before turning his attention to the redhead.  Lori rolled her eyes and left, disgusted at how her evening had ended in a bust and she’d gotten no relief from her needy, needy feeling.

         Lori woke around ten Sunday morning and stumbled to the front porch to collect the paper.  Her jaw dropped at the gruesome picture on the front page.  There was the redhead, her body angled oddly and lying in what was obviously a pool of blood.  In a smaller picture at the bottom was Tex, leering at the camera, looking unconcerned and gleeful.  The headline and story was how Tex had been caught dumping the redhead after brutally murdering her.  Lori thought about how she’d almost left with Tex and shuddered.

         All Lori could think for the rest of the day was ‘It was the best mistake I never made’.







word count: 909
© Copyright 2013 Quiltingmama (quiltingmama at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1929422-A-Night-at-The-Nest