*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1929840-Not-Just-Another-Lunch-Date
Rated: 18+ · Other · Romance/Love · #1929840
lunch leads to much more


I was sitting at my desk watching the hands on the clock tick by every so slowly, just as I always did on the third Thursday of every month. 



This was the day I looked forward to, the day he came to see me.  I wish I could say that the day had started out perfectly...birds chirping in the air and all that fairy-tale business...alas that is not at all how my day began.  I woke up late, after shutting my alarm clock off in my sleep, thus over-sleeping.  I took a very quick shower,  put my hair up (I prefer it down), and threw together an outfit I only hoped would convey what I was going for...desire.



11:58 a.m.  Ugh, could time move any slower!?! 



I decided to look at my phone.  I pulled up the text that had made my morning, "Can't wait to see you...can't wait to taste you..."  even reading the words, my skin warmed...I couldn't wait any longer...and I didn't have to, it was 12:00 p.m. FINALLY!!  I grabbed my purse and headed out of the building.



As I walked into the sunshine and my eyes focused, I saw him, sitting in his silver Mercedes.  I got in and immediately my heart was pounding.  He leaned over to kiss me softly by my ear, but as he whispered "I've missed you" he slid his hand up my skirt, teasing me.







Chapter 1



It was another beautiful fall day in Colorado, the sun was shining and the there was a crispness in the air.  I was taking a hike in the mountains at Red Rocks, one of my favorite places to photograph.  I was there trying to get some motivation because I had been feeling like I was in a rut, not just a career rut, but a life rut.  It had been a year since my last photography show.  I can't tell you what it was that even started this feeling.  Ben and I were fine.  We had been dating for about six months and things were great. 
© Copyright 2013 A.Martinez (a.martinez at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1929840-Not-Just-Another-Lunch-Date