*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1929938-Just-Like-His-Father
by Rie
Rated: E · Other · Inspirational · #1929938
A devotional about Mark 12:41-44 with the idea of looking at Jesus instead of the widow.
Today as we take a look at Mark 12:41-44 we come across a scene where Jesus is not performing a miracle. He isn't healing the sick, lame, or blind.  He isn't raising someone from the dead. He isn't speaking a word of knowledge or a word of wisdom. He isn't walking on water. He isn't turning water into wine. He isn't sharing a teaching that would cause the response like the one found in verse 37 ..."And the common people heard Him gladly."  He isn't forgiving sin or engaging the scribes and pharisees.

He isn't doing any one of the signs, wonders, or miracles that He is famous for. Yet, what He is doing, shows us just how much He takes after His Heavenly Father!

In verses 41 & 42 we find Him sitting and watching. He is just sitting there, observing the comings and goings of the people as they put money in the treasury.  In verses 43 & 44 He explains what He saw to His disciples.  Many of the rich put in much and a widow put in two mites. His comment, "Assuredly, I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than those who have given to the treasury; for they all put in out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty put in all that she had, her whole livelihood."

I love that this is where HE IS being just like His Heavenly Father! He wasn't looking at what was happening on the outside.  He saw beyond the outward appearance of their giving and He saw the heart behind it.

JUST LIKE HIS FATHER!...But the Lord said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7

Truth is, He is just like His Heavenly Father and He knows your heart!
© Copyright 2013 Rie (rieis818 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1929938-Just-Like-His-Father