*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1930070-Cow-a-Bunga-Dude-1st-Place
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1930070
Now how did Mable the cow get a civil war sword stuck in her side?
Jari looked at the cow lying with all four hooves up. Its udder hanging down by its side. A civil war sword stuck in its side. Damnedest sight I ever saw.

“Now looky here. I had to kill the crazy beast.” Sid spat on the ground for emphasis. “That’s a fact.”

Jari listened and watched Sid wave his arms and carry on about how ‘that flipped out cow’ charged him.

“Twernt no bull now, Sid. That there is Mable. One of my best milkers. Now look what you did. Got my old sword stuck right in her.” Bill shook his head. “You need to pay me to replace her.”

“No way. Thing practically killed me!”

“You aren’t suppose to be on my land.” Bill went nose to nose with Sid.

Jari just glared at the two and tapped his revolver. “Now don’t be getting any ideas fellas.”

A noise up in the loft caught Jari’s attention.

“Come out where I can see you. ”

Cameron popped his head over the side. “It’s just me.”

“You see what went on with Sid and that cow?”

“Yeah.”

“Come on down here,” Bill ordered. Sid shifted and his eyes darted between the boy and the ground.

Cameron climbed down and stood before the trio. He glanced at Sid and back to Jari.

“Spill it, boy!” Bill demanded.

“I was up there asleep and heard someone below. I saw Sid with the sword. He was talking crazy. Said the cow swallowed it and that he was going to teach it a lesson. He chased Mable around the barn a couple times and stabbed her right in the side. Then he grunted and groaned getting her flipped over. Then you came in.”

That’s when Jari pushed aside some straw and saw the marijuana bale.



299 Words



Flash Story
Limited to 300 Words
Must contain the line: “Come out where I can see you. ”

© Copyright 2013 BScholl (the0hawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1930070-Cow-a-Bunga-Dude-1st-Place