*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1930985-FATHERS-DAY
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1930985
My thoughts of the last fathers day.
I have been thinking what should I write about? Should I tell a story of fiction about some character of my imagination? Should I go all technical and try to say some thing of educational value? Or should I try and express my beliefs about God and religion? I have been thinking about this for several day's and you no what I decided not to do any of that, at least not right now. I want to talk about having a nice fathers day and baby shower with my adult children.

My oldest daughter(33) is having her third child, and it's a girl so they decided to have her shower at a private hall, she has two other girls 16 and 8 which are very smart and doing well in school thank God, I have another daughter (29), and two son's (32 & 33), well it was nice everybody got together, there was some friends of the family and it was really nice the women was doing there thing sing Aretha Franklin songs and dancing it was so funny. My youngest son just got a new jeep (excursion), and my oldest son just got his CDL and is getting ready to go out of town to work for awhile. He was born in ST. Louis when I was in the army and that the area they going to send him to work for awhile, I'm very proud of all of them and my grand children are pretty good, I'll probably talk more about them later on.

I was starting to feel bad earlier today, being the son of another mother that the father really didn't care for is a nasty pill to take, especially knowing the the man who fathered you would take the rejection of his flesh to the grave instead of leaving some type of blessing behind, but what is the old saying "when life hands you a bunch of lemons, make lemonade. Anyway the time spent with them and my grandchildren was so uplifting that all negative stuff evaporated like water on a hot pipe, This turned out to be a good fathers day after all, and you no what I thank God I had enough sense to realize it.
© Copyright 2013 nutation (jerry1.0 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1930985-FATHERS-DAY