*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1931519-Importants-of-The-Authors-Biography
Rated: E · Article · Biographical · #1931519
Think of you the (AUTHOR) being an industry, a company, the (BRAND)
Think of you the (AUTHOR) being an industry, a company, the (BRAND) and the project you invested in (YOUR BOOK) the (PRODUCT). Don’t think of you the (AUTHOR) being any different than any other major Brand with a product on the market even if it’s not in the same category as your own. No matter if It’s Pepsi, Chevy, Microsoft, Google, Disney, American Express, or any other major business in the world today.

You must always think about yourself as a brand that you have a unique identity that makes you different from everyone else in your field. You have a product that people want, you must say to yourself I have credibility, I stand out from the competition, I’m in the position to be looked at as a professional, and I’m what readers are looking for in an author, and much more.

Readers are not going to be interested in your personal life, where you were born, where you reside, who is your husband/wife, how many children you have. That type of information is not going to drive readers to your product page and compel them to download your eBook, increase sales and benefit your amazon bestsellers rank.

You want potential buyers to read your biographical sketch and say that author has a lot of history in the world of writing. This is your time to brag, List your writing experiences, awards, writing associations you’re affiliated with, snippets of a review, conferences you attended in Europe (If any), If your last book hit the best-sellers list, if you wrote a book  endorsement or introduction in a book for a famous author, I’m sure by now you get the idea.  So if you have written your biological sketch with any personal details rewrite it and tell your story to the world and sell more books.

By Brian Waldorf
Book Review Buz
www.bookreviewbuz.com

© Copyright 2013 waldorf (brianwaldorf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1931519-Importants-of-The-Authors-Biography