*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1931763-Black-Silver
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1931763
Jo and Simon must team up dispite their differences and save a little boy Simon's brother




















Today, I come bearing a spectacularly intriguing story to spin off my tongue into your clear ears.  So, sit, and prepare to get lost in this tale, and find yourself as well. Journey on, dear reader.

-Samantha Laakso



JO

ONE


  I slumped down into my icy, metal, desk and glanced up at the ticking timebomb.  Tick.  Tock.  Tick.  Tock.  It taunted.  60 more seconds, until I’m free from this silent prison of school. I eagerly tapped my pencil to the beat of the clock.

“Ms. Black!” I snapped out of my trance.

“Y-yes ma’am?” I replied, apprehensively.

“What is the answer to the question?” my teacher repeated. The class stared, including, Simon Silver, my best friend. I smirked and answered,

  “The answer is, when the character says, ‘saved by the bell.’.”

  RIIINNNGGG!

  I chuckled, and gave Simon a high-five.

  “Right on time, as usual.” Simon laughed. “How do you do that?! It’s awesome!” My cheeks flushed a little, and hid my face as I made my way to my locker.

  “I don’t know… I guess it’s just natural…” I gazed up at Simon, as he watched me, with his reddish-gold eyes grinning at me, and his caramel, coffee, colored, hair outlining his face. He nodded and inhaled and eyes dilated.

  “What?” I inquired, curiously. He shook his head, dismissing the thought.

  “Nothing, Jo. See ya’ later tonight, ok?”

  “Ok!” I called back in a bubbly tone, while Simon sped walked away. “Hm… I wonder what’s wrong with him…” I pondered, examining the swishing tail peeking out from under my skirt, and I remembered how much Simon reminded me of my deceased father.



*~~*

SIMON




Why does she have to look like that?!

I thought.

Those hazel-eyes, heart melting smirk, and her long locks of blue-ish black hair, and worst of all, her smell!! It’s the most desirable smell I’ve ever known! The warmth of her…. I have to restrain myself from feeding!

I got up off the floor, where I lay, and turned on the water in the shower. I carefully lifted off my Black Veil Brides t-shirt, revealing my toned abdominals, biceps, and the ‘v’ of my hips. I looked at myself, and shrugged, finished undressing, and got in the shower.

God, she is so gorgeous…

I thought, scrubbing the grime out of my hair. I looked up at the steamy water coming down onto my chest. I gently put my face into it, feeling the warm, cascade, descend onto my face, pushing the soap onto my chest and back, where it glided to the drain. I turned off the water, and heard my bedroom door open.

“Don’t come in!” I called, grabbing a towel and wrapping it around my waist. I smiled, as the scent caressed my nostrils, making my eyes dilate.











JO

TWO


I stepped into Simon’s room, smiling.

“M’k!” I replied, looking around his room. A shirt lay draped over his bed, neatly. I carefully picked it up, and pressed it to my nose.

My favorite smell. Like... fire and the ocean...

I thought. I absentmindedly began straightening his, already organized room. I hummed as I nimbly worked.

I picked up a shirt, as goose bumps rapidly raced up my arms like wildfire. I cocked my head up, and restrained from lifting my hidden ears. My cat-like eyes narrowed, readily, and I whispered loudly,

“You’ll never be able to sneak up on me, Simon.” I turned around smirking, and saw the dripping boy that stood before me. My eyes took him in. All tanned, wet, shirtless, and towel covered him. He took me in. All pale faced, tank topped, and black haired me. “Here” I handed him the shirt on his bed.

“How do you always know?!” he perplexed. I chuckled and replied,

“‘Cause I have spidey-sense!” He snorted, and put his shirt on.

“Jo?...” he said suddenly serious. I raised my eyebrows. “I need to tell you something.” he said, reaching for his towel. I turned red intensely as it slid off. I sighed in relief to find him wearing shorts.

“Gotcha!” he teased and chuckled. I jokingly punched his arm.

“Almost gave me a heart attack!” I complained.

“You know you couldn’t look away!” he taunted, with a gleam in his eyes.

“You wish! Now c’mon, pretty boy! We gotta go.” I urged.

“What are you guys going?” asked a small baby-ish voice.

“Where are you guy going, Tommy?” I corrected affectionately, already knowing who it was. Simon’s little brother scrunched his eyebrows, and nodded vigorously. I squatted, lifted up his 4-year-old chin, and beamed. “Simon and I are going to a party. I promise I’ll bring you back candy from the store, ok?” Tommy’s face lit up.

“Really?!” he exclaimed. I nodded and kissed his forehead. “Thanks, mom- I mean- Jo.” I smirked.

“It’s ok, sweetheart. Bye!” I said standing in the front doorway. Simon followed close behind. I smiled warmly at Tommy until the door clicked, announcing it was closed.

*~~*

SIMON




We stepped out into the frigid autumn evening. I looked over at Jo, and reached out to touch her hair. She reflexively slapped my hand away.

“No.” she warned, sternly. I pouted.

“Why don’t you ever let me touch your hair?” she shrugged.

“... You wouldn’t be my friend, if you did... You’d call me a freak...” I opened my mouth, but before I could protest, a familiar shriek split the air.

“Simon!!” Peyton launched herself into my arms.

“H-hey... babe.” I hesitated. Jo turned scarlet and said,

“I’ll leave you two alone.” and walked into the party.

Ouch

I thought as I watched the beautiful girl stomp into the party without me by her side to guide her.

“What’s wrong, Sim-ie?” Peyton pouted. I cringed. I hate that name. I shook my head. “Oh! Babe,” she winced, and played with her fingers. “I um... kinda kissed Mason, my ex.... again...” she looked up.

“For the 5th time?” I asked, frustrated.

“No! The 6th. You forgive me though, right?” she asked, hopefully. I chuckled in anger.

“You know what? No. I don’t forgive you. Peyton, this isn’t going to work out. I love someone else.” I declared, walking into the party to go find my girl.













JO

THREE


  My third cup of whiskey was tight in my hands, as I sat on the stairs waiting for a good song. I combed through the sea of people swaying in the current of music. I saw no one I knew.

Si- I mean- that guy, would know everyone here.

I thought, as I downed my red Solo cup. Finally, a good song! I got up, and stepped into the ocean that awaited me. I swayed to the beat, using my Latin roots to my advantage. Suddenly, I felt someone grinding up on me.

I turned around to find the school hottie, Ezekiel Hidalgo. I smirked and the music went to salsa almost by magic.

“Salsa?” I asked. He nodded and we began to dance. It felt like a different side of me, as I danced against this stranger, who wanted me. A circle formed around us, and the party cheered. I smirked.

They like the way I dance.

I thought in awe.

If he could only see me now!

I reveled.

*~~*

SIMON




  There. I saw her. In the crowd, rocking her hips and stepping to the beat gracefully. Then, I saw him. Ezekiel Hidalgo. I burned with jealousy. I stepped into the circle and said,

  “May I have this dance?” Jo turned, shocked, and nodded.

  With her permission, I took her hand, and spun her into me. I placed my chest on her back and my hands on her waist, pulling her close. She perfectly swooned into my arms, and then I leaned into her. The music stopped, and the ocean broke into a tsunami.

  “I didn’t know you could dance…” Jo said, in wonder. I shrugged.

  “Me neither. I guess it’s just… natural.” I winked, playfully. She rolled her eyes and said,

  “Hey, you want a drink?” she motioned to the array of alcohol spread out on the counter. My eyes widened, but I shook my head.

  “No. one of us has to stay sober, and apparently it’s not you.” I chuckled, seeing the drink in her hands. She reddened.

  “Sorry!” I smiled. It’s so adorable when she blushes. I cautiously took her hand.

  “It’s ok.” She looked down, astonished.

  “What about Peyton, Sim-ie?” she teased with false innocence. I shrugged.

  “I love someone else.” She blushed.

  “You don’t wanna love me.” I stared in awe.

  “Why not?”

  “I’m different.” She frowned. I laughed.

  “I’m sure I can handle it, Jolie.” I reassured, using her full name. She finally gave in.

  “I hope so.” She smiled warmly, squeezing my hand.

I hope so too.

I thought, concealing my fangs.





















TOMMY

FOUR


  “Tommy!” my mommy’s scratchy, angry, voice yelled. I winced in fear.

  “Y-yes, Mamma?” The big, scary, mom ran into my room.

  “What is this?!” my scary mom screamed. I smiled because she put up my newest drawing of Jo-Jo and me!

  “That’s Jo and me! I is in love with her!” I thought and said, “I mean, I love her! She taught me ‘where’, today!” I jumped happily. Then my big, mean, mamma teared it up and throwed it everywhere.

  “Well isn’t that nice?” Mommy said. I cried a lot. Momma was beeing a big bully and hit my face. “Stop cryin, Tommy! Get over it! She don’t love you! She never will!” I was too scared and so I peed myself.

  “Damn it, Tommy!” she yelled. “Get in your bed and go to sleep!” she left. I satted down, and membered Jo.

  “She does too love me!” I said. I wiped my face and brushed my teeth, like Jo taught me. I put on my pjs. I got on my knees and put my hands together. Jo taught me this too. I whispered to God.

“As I lay me down to sleep

I pray the Lord my soul to keep

If I should die before I wake

I pray the Lord my soul to take.”

I stayed still for a little. “Amen.” I nodded, just like Jo taught me, and climbed up to bed, and tried to falled asleep.

*~~*

SIMON




  I watched Jo go through a whole bottle of whiskey, and declare,

  “Y’all are gonna play spin the bottle!” everyone cheered, confirming her statement. We all sat in a circle and I looked around, calling off names in my head. Peyton. Ezekiel. Jordan. Keli. Allie. Chris. Jo. Tristan. Me. Alexxus. It was all even.

  “Chris goes first!” Jo giggled. Chris spun the bottle, and I begged for it not to land on me. It stopped, and we all looked up to see it point to Keli. Everyone cheered, as they went upstairs. When they came back down, Jo said,

  “Simon! Your turn!”

  “Bu-“I protested.

  “No ‘but’s, just go!” she ordered. I sighed and looked around at 4 pairs of wanting eyes and 4 pair of disgust. I spun it fast, and sealed my eyes shut. I heard it begin to slow and I inhaled. Then I heard it get fast again. My eyes shot open to see Matthew trip on the bottle.

  “Sorry, dudes!” he said. The bottle stopped, and I looked up to see Peyton’s raged face, and Jo’s blushing one.

  “Simon and Jo!” Allie squealed. Everyone cheered except Peyton, whom sat sulking. I stood up and reached my hand out to Jo. She took it, and we ascended up on the stairway of heaven.  We arrived at the bedroom, and I held the door open, kindly. We entered, and I barely closed the door before Jo’s lips were on mine. I embraced her with heavy want. I ran my fingers through her hair, and felt something fuzzy.

  I pulled away, and looked at her. A pair of velvety black cat ears sat on her head.

  “Where’d you get those ears?” I asked. Jo giggled and grabbed her human ears.

  “I was born with them, Silly Goose!” she giggled.

  “No,” I said touching the cat ears. “these.” She hissed and I jumped back, hitting the wall.

























JO

FIVE


  Oh shit!

I thought. I stood up and explained,

  “Sorry I didn’t mean to hiss at you! No! No! I’m not gonna hurt you! I didn-“

  “What is that!?” Simon asked panicked. I looked down to see my swishing tail.

  Double shit!

  I repeated.

  “Has a mind of its own!” I said under my breath. Simon was freaking out. “Look!” I aid calmly. “I’m a cat- wait- that didn’t come out right!” I cursed myself. “Do you know what a neko is?” I asked, hopefully.

  “You mean those anime fetishes of cat people?”

  “They are not anime fetishes!” I blurted, my eyes turning to slits. He held up his hands defensively.

  “Yes ma’am!” I lightened my expression.

  “Well…. That’s what I am. I didn’t tell you, because you wouldn’t like me anymore. The only reason you found out is because I had too much to drink.” I sighed and put my head in my hands. “I just blew everything I worked so hard to build.”

    I felt a warm hand on my shoulder. I looked up into his kind eyes.

  “You didn’t blow anything up.” He smiled, rubbing behind my ears, making me purr. “Plus, I have a secret too.” Simon replied.

  “Please don’t tell me you’re gay.” I pleaded.

  “What?! No! I wanted to tell you…that…I…”

*~~*

TOMMY




  I stayed up real’ late, waiting for Jo-Jo. She is like my mommy, but not the bad kind, that I got. She’s the good kind. I’m scared she won’t ever come back from the party. She teached me to sing when I’m scared. She telled me to sing when she’s not there, and just pretend she’s singing to me.

‘Then, I’ll always be with you, no matter what, As long as you just imagine.’

She says. It makes me smile when she talks.

  I closed my eyes and pretended Jo was holding onto me and rocking me, like she does when I’m scared. I started singing, but pretended Jo’s voice.

“Come stop your crying, it’ll be alright.

Just take my hand,”

I pretend held her hand, and she pretend kissed my forehead.

“hold it tight.

I will protect you from all around you.

I will be here, don’t you cry.”

  She pretend smiled. I like her smile.

“For one so small, you seem so strong.”

  She poked my belly, and giggled.

“My arms will hold you,

keep you safe, and warm.

This bond between us,

can’t be broken.

I will be here, don’t you cry.”

    “Tommy! Stop that singin’!” my mommy yelled. Pretend Jo put her finger to my lips, and whispered,

    “Go to sleep, Little One. I’ll be here when you wake up, Tommy. I love you.” I smiled, and closed my eyes.

    “I knowed you did.”

















JO

SIX




  “You’re a what?!” I exclaimed. My tail shot straight up and the hairs stuck out, as I tried not to hiss.

  “You heard me…” Simon repeated. “I’m a vampire…” I tried to think past my drunken mind.

  “Why does that bother me….” I wondered aloud.

  “Perhaps because I’m a blood sucking monster?” He suggested, looking at his feet. I hugged him affectionately.

  “You’re not a monster, Simon.” I rubbed his back, soothingly. “You would be a monster, if you didn’t know how to control yourself, but you do. You’re still Simon Taylor Silver. No more and no less than that.” He smiled gratefully.

  “Thank you.” I nodded, still feeling a little pit in my stomach. I kept wondering why I had a problem with it….

*~~*

SIMON




  “We should probably get back home…” I said regretfully. Jo sighed.

  “Yea… Tommy must be worried sick… We have to get candy on the way home…” Jo remembered. She never broke her promises to Tommy. Tommy  looked up to her as if she were an angel from heaven, sent down to be his better mother. Jo took care of us, even when no one else did. Jo was a miracle in disguise.

  “Ok. Let’s go, Jo-Jo.” I said pushing her ear back into her hair . “Fix your tail before we go.” I reminded. She tucked her tail back into her jeans, and it almost instantly disappeared as if it were never there. She looked up and gave me a nod, indicating she was set.

  We walked back downstairs, to see the guys smiling at me congratulatory and the women, glaring in jealousy. I laughed to myself.

They have no idea.

  “Sorry guys,” I announced. “but we gotta go home and check on my brother.” A wave of protests poured on us. “I know, I know!” I replied. “But we have to go. We’ll see y’all at school! Bye guys!” I waved goodbye. Ezekiel walked up to Jo, and kissed her hand. I growled a warning. “Back off, Zeke, she’s mine.” Ezekiel smirked, and instead, began to touch Jo’s hair.

  Before I could do anything, there was a blur of color, a loud thud, and Jo was standing over Ezekiel as he cowered on the floor.

  “I think you broke my arm!” Ezekiel groaned. Jo responded with a tone, I didn’t think she could make, of pure rage.

  “You don’t get to touch me ever.”  The party cheered in excitement, and awe, as Jo turned to me and said,

  “Let’s go. Tommy’s waiting.” I followed her obediently, now with a whole different kind and level of respect and fear. I did smirk through my fear thinking,

That’s my girl.































JO

SEVEN


  “Where did you learn to fight like that?!” Simon asked, geeking out. “I mean it was like- swoosh- then –bam- then, ‘you don’t get to touch me ever!’! It was awesome!!” I chuckled, at his re-inaction of it.

  “There’s a lot you don’t know about me, Si.” I smirked, holding the bag of jellybeans happily delivering them to my Little One. “I know how to defend myself, in case some guy with an anime fetish sneaks up on me.” I chortled and he chuckled as well at my joke.

  We laughed all the way to Simon’s house. We stepped through the front door, at the instant wall of cigarette smoke smacked my face.

Ms. Silver is home…

I thought in disgust. I don’t know how Simon and Tommy breathe at their house. It’s always seeping with smoke. No wonder Tommy has asthma. I saw here, asleep on the couch, with the TV blaring and a bottle in her hands. Dishes were stacked up in the sink, the living room lay in chaos, no food had been made for Tommy, and the fridge sat wide open.

  “Ugh.” I said in pure disgust. I just wanted to punch their mother and knock sense into her! Teach her how to take care of children! “I’ll go upstairs and check on Tommy, you get in bed, and then I’ll  clean up this mess.” I instructed. Simon raised his eyebrows.

  “You think I’m letting you do that by yourself? Think again.” I sighed.

  “Fine. But be quiet.” I ordered. He nodded. We walked up the stairs quietly, and into Tommy’s bedroom. I smiled feeling my heart melt when I heard him singing the lullaby. He hadn’t heard us come in, and I reached out and combed through his hair. He turned and his face beamed like a lighthouse.

  “Jo-Jo!” Tommy exclaimed, jumping into my arms. I smiled and held him as close as possible. “I knowed you’d come back!”

  “I knew. I knew you’d come back.” I corrected. Tommy smiled and held me tighter. Then, he said something he’d never said to me before.

  “I love you, Jo-Jo.” I cried for the first time in a long time. I nodded, kissed his sweet little head, looked him in the eyes and said,

  “I love you too, Tommy. Don’t you ever forget that, ok? Don’t you let anybody tell you that I don’t, because I do, and I always will.” Tommy nodded and smiled and said,

  “I promise I won’t!” He scrunched his eyebrows and puffed his chest. Then he wiped my face, and said, “Don’t cry, Jo-Jo. You be tough too! Like this!” He said puffing up his chest again. I laughed and said,

“Ok, Tommy. Now it’s time for you to go to bed.”

  “Ok, goodnight, Jo-Jo.”

  “Goodnight, Tomas.”

*~~*

SIMON




  Watching those two was like watching a mother and her son. They loved each other like there was no tomorrow. Jo would die for him. She looked after me too, with the same affection, but a totally different type of affection with Tommy. It was a protective affection. Like a momma bear and her cub, or more appropriately, a tiger and her cub.  Jo always said that when I was older, I should take over as a legal guardian, and care for him. When Jolie isn’t around, Tommy always goes on and on about how Jo and I are gonna get married and take care of him, in a big castle, where there aren’t any mean mommies.  I always smile and listen to his dreams.

  I smiled, reminiscing the memories, while dressing for bed, when Jo walked in.  I thought I’d impress her with some Italian, which I learned from my uncle.

“Ciao. Come è Tommy?”  Hello. How is Tommy? I asked.

“Tommy va bene. E 'appena andato a dormire. Lei parla italiano?”  She replied instantly.

I hate backfires.

I thought.

  “What?” I asked. She laughed.

  “I said, ‘Tommy is fine. He just went to sleep. You speak Italian?’.”

  “Oh! Ha-ha I only speak a little.” I replied.

  “Ah.” She smirked and chuckled. She slowly walked forward and kissed my cheek gently. “Thanks for standing up for me, at the party. It meant a lot.” I smiled back bashfully.

  “It was nothing, really.” Jo rolled her eyes.

  “Oh, so now you’re suddenly modest?” She laughed and poked my stomach. I chuckled and she lit up suddenly.

  “Oh! We need to clean!” I groaned in dislike.

  “Noooooo….” I whined. She laughed.

  “You’re such a weirdo.” I stuck out my tongue. Suddenly I felt something rub my leg. I looked down to see Jo’s tail wrapped around my leg.

  “Uh… Jo?” I said motioning to my leg. She looked down, and quickly grabbed her tail.

  “Sorry! That thing does whatever it wants!”

  “It’s all good. It’s no big deal, Jo.” She nodded, and grabbed my arm pulling me up.

  “Let’s go, Si. It’s time to turn this place into a castle.”

  “I need a kiss first.” I stated, cementing myself where I stood. She turned, and I could see her studying how to handle the situation in her head. Her expression lightened, as she came to a solution. She shrugged and said,

  “Ok. I guess I’ll just do it by myself, like I wanted.” She headed down the stairs.

Damn. She always has a good solution.

I scowled, impishly.

  “Fine! I’m coming!” I said following after her. I could already see the victorious smile on her face, without even seeing it. I reached the base of the stairs, and looked around, but Jo was nowhere in sight. I opened the door to the playroom to see if she was in there, and found myself lip locked instantly with her. She pulled away.

  “There you go. Thank you, Simon.” She smiled, and left me standing there speechless. “Close your mouth, and come help me.”

  4 hours of dish scrubbing, counter wiping, laundry folding, sweeping, dusting, mopping, window wiping, and fridge organizing, later, I stood just fine and dandy, whereas Jo, was wobbling from exhaustion.

  “I’ll walk you home, if you want.” I offered.

  “N-no……I-it’s fine, S-si…” she replied, almost falling. I caught her swiftly, and she was up in my arms.

  “Or I’ll carry you.” I laughed.

  “Thanks, Si…” she replied, tiredly.













JO

EIGHT


  I looked up at an angel, whose face was lit up by the sunset’s colors of orange, pink, yellow, red, purple. I have seen the Grand Canyon. I have seen a child be born. I have seen Andy Sixx. I have seen the Eiffel Tower. But this boy, whom held me to him, was the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen in my life.

Then I looked at him closer. I looked at his reddish- amber eyes. I looked at his chocolaty tendrils of hair. I looked at the heart shaped birthmark on his neck.

No way. I thought. I pressed my nose to his shirt, for the final test, and inhaled.

  Apple blossoms, like the ones from back in New York. Camp fire, just like the camping trips with my family, up in Montana. Sea shells, like the ones I collected with my….

  “Simon!” I screeched, remembering why I had an issue with vampires. “Put me down now!” I fought to get out of him arms.

  “No! You’re not strong enough to walk!”

  “The hell I am! Put my down now before I bite you!” I warned squirming. He obeyed, and I quickly stepped back a few feet.

  “What’s wrong, Jo?!” He demanded. I stood cautiously, catching my breath. He took a step forward, and I hissed letting my eyes narrow and my ears and tail shoot up. He jumped back, heeding my violent warning.

  “Stay back.” I ordered. He looked like I’d stabbed him in the gut, and twisted the knife when I said that. “Don’t come near me… ever….” My eyes filled with tears of pain as I continued. “y-you…… y-your kind….. You just….. You took him! You took him from me! You monsters!!” Tears rolled down Simon’s face, but my pain and memories were all I saw everywhere around me.

  “But, Jolie! I-… I lo-“Simon began.

  “Don’t say it! You can’t! I can’t! Just…. I’m sorry!” I sobbed racing home in tears, leaving the already abandoned boy, alone yet again.

  I got home and ran up the stairs of my empty house, to the attic, where I climbed out the window onto the roof. I sat crying, reminiscing what vampires took from me.

  ‘Don’t cry, Baby Cakes, it’s just the roof. There’s nothing to be afraid of. I’ve got you I promise.’

‘But, Daddy, what if I fall?’

‘If you fall, I’ll be here to catch you, ok?’

  ‘….ok, daddy…’

  ‘That’s my girl. See? Now look up at all the stars! They are so beautiful, just like you. And each and every one of them has a story to tell.’

  ‘Really, daddy?!’

  ‘Really, really. And if you want, I’ll tell you all of their stories. Not all tonight, but eventually.’

  ‘You promise?’

  ‘I promise, Baby Cakes. I promise I’ll always be here to protect you, and teach you.’

  ‘I love you, daddy.’

  ‘I love you too, Baby. Now that star right there…’

  I lay back on the rough roof, and gazed up at all the stars whose stories I never heard. I saw a shooting star, and a tear rolled down my cheek. I didn’t know what to wish for. So much had gone wrong since that very last conversation, that I didn’t know what to fix. So I closed my eyes, and thought,

I wish you could fix whatever will make me the most happy in the long run.

I rolled onto my side, and heard a crinkle. I put my hand in my pocket, curiously, and pulled out a bag of jelly beans. I looked up at the stars, and smiled weakly.

  “To the Silver household, it is then.”

*~~*

SIMON




I walked by the train tracks behind my house, with my guitar playing Heart Shaped Box.

  I feel like half of me isn’t here…… I…… I’m a monster……. I scared her away…… I’m not allowed near her…… and it’s all my fault….

I thought, sulking in self-pity. I continued on with the song, then switched it to Every Rose Has It’s Thorn. I got through the intro, and suddenly I heard an angelic voice sing,

“We both lie silently still

In the dead of the night

Although we both lie close together

We feel miles apart inside



Was it something I said or something I did?

Did my words not come out right?

Though I tried not to hurt you

Though I tried

But I guess that's why they say



Every rose has it's thorn

Just like every night has it's dawn

Just like every cowboy sings his sad, sad song

Every rose has it's thorn



Yeah it does



I listen to our favorite song

Playing on the radio

Hear the DJ say love's a game of easy come and

Easy go

But I wonder does he know

Has he ever felt like this

And I know that you'd be here right now

If I could have let you know somehow

I guess



Every rose has it's thorn

Just like every night has it's dawn

Just like every cowboy sings his sad, sad song

Every rose has it's thorn



Though it's been a while now

I can still feel so much pain

Like a knife that cuts you the wound heals

But the scar, that scar remains





I know I could have saved a love that night

If I'd known what to say

Instead of makin' love

We both made our separate ways



But now I hear you found somebody new

And that I never meant that much to you

To hear that tears me up inside

And to see you cuts me like a knife

I guess



Every rose has it's thorn

Just like every night has it's dawn

Just like every cowboy sings his sad, sad song

Every rose has it's thorn”

  I knew who it was without even turning.

  “Why’d you come back, Jo-Jo?” I asked, in pain. I heard a rustle, and a giggle.

  “Because I needed someone to see me in this dress.” Was the reply I heard. I turned to see Jolie wearing an absolutely stunning flowing white dress, with her black tendrils of hair resting elegantly on her shoulders, and the moonlight silhouetting her beauty.

  “Wha- oh.... my…… god……..” I fumbled. “I-uh…….how-I……..umm……. hi?” she giggled.

  “Hi, Simon. Look…. I have to apologize about earlier……” She began. “It wa-“

  “Can I touch you?” I interrupted. She paused, and nodded. I didn’t hesitate. I rushed to her, took her head in my hands, and brought her lips to mine. “Please….. Don’t ever tell me not to come near you again…” She nodded. “Now, continue with what you were saying before I interrupted.”















JO

TEN


  “Well……” I started off cautiously. “What happened to me…. Wasn’t your fault, and it wasn’t right for me to take it out on you, and I apologize for that-“

  “What happened to you?” Simon, rudely, interrupted, again. I looked up at him, dead in the eyes.

  “Well…. My dad and I, we went everywhere together, two peas in a pod, especially when my mom….. d-died while serving….” I said shakily. “He promised he’d always be here to protect me, and take care of me….” I closed my eyes fighting memories. “…when I was 8…. A rogue vampire broke into our house, and my dad tried to defend me. I watched my dad be murdered from a closet door, in my own house, by a vampire, at the age of 8…. It b-broke me….” I shook, as tears fell from my reddened cheeks. “I wish I listened to everything he ever said to me!..... I wish I told him I loved him every 5 seconds!...” I shook with pain.

  Simon touched my trembling shoulders.

  “It’s ok… Shh…Shh…” He comforted. “ I understand what you’re trying to say, and it’s not your fault…” then he added, “Plus I think Peyton just died.” I couldn’t help but burst out into laughter at how nonchalantly he said it.

  “That’s not nice!” I said between giggles. He shrugged.

  “No, but it made you laugh, and that’s all that matters.” I smiled, a little.

  “Thank you, Simon.” I stood on my tippy toes, and kissed his lips gently and slowly, melting into his stable arms. I honestly don’t think I could’ve been any safer than I was right then and there. Simon smirked on my lips. “Wait.” I pulled away. “You’re not one of those vampires that read minds, are you?” He held up his hands.

  “No.” He replied innocently.

  I don’t believe him.

  He smirked again.



SIMON


I love reading her mind.

I heard a rustling in the leaves, and a familiar, pungent smell invaded my unwanting nose. My eyes widened knowing what was going on, and figuring out a plan for protection.

"Jo, climb the tree." I ordered. Jo looked at me like I had 5 heads.

'Are you crazy?!' Jo  thought.

"Just do it now, please! Someone is trying to hurt us, just go!" I repeated.

"What? How do you kno-"

"GO NOW!" I ordered yet again. She refused.

Now is not the time to be stubborn, Jo-Jo.

I swept her up into my arms, then swung her onto my back, and climbed the tree quickly, with my super strength. I set her down on a branch, and looked her in her amber, glowing, eyes.

"Stay here." I said, and jumped down, landing on my feet, in a combat ready position. The overpowering smell was growing. I bared my fangs, and hissed a warning.

"Go away, and I won't hurt you." I said aloud. The bushes rustled, and out stepped the source of the trouble. Peyton Moore, and her over use of perfume. I didn't move a muscle. If Jo's father wasn't here to protect her, I sure as hell would be.

"Where is she, Simon?" Peyton inquired, slowly stepping forward.

"You aren't going to come near her, Peyton. I had always suspected, but I never thought you would actually be a shifter." I said.

'You twit! I bet she's still here somewhere....' Peyton thought

'God I love butterflies'

"Wait. What?!" I said aloud, and then realized it was Jo whom thought that. I looked up, and immediately regretted it.

'Bingo.' Peyton thought.

Peyton shifted to a raccoon, and raced toward the tree. I dove forward, and attacked the creature pinning it to the ground, as it shifted to a raged tiger, and swatted a claw across my face. I flew back and hit a tree, blacking out.









JO

TWELVE


  “Simon!” I screeched, protectively.

  Peyton. Will. Die.

  I jumped across to a different tree, using my catlike agility and balance, to confuse the now sniffing wolf. My eyes studied the situation, and my attack plan. I listed strengths and weaknesses in my head.

  Strengths of mine:

•          Element of surprise

•          Agility

•          Super hearing

•          Camouflage, and silence

•          Hidden power

  Strengths of her:

•          Shape shifting

•          Strength

  Her weakness:

•          Clueless

  My weakness:

•          Simon

I nodded to myself, planning out my attack in my head. I took a deep breath, as Peyton reached the base of my tree. I swiftly, and without hesitation, jumped from the tree, morphing into a sleek, shimmering, chivalrous, panther. I pounced on the snarling wolf, letting out a ferocious roar. The fear coursed through the eyes of the wolf, and looking into those eyes, I saw the blonde, bubbly, girl, whom I’d loathed. Whack!

  The wolf smacked me and escaped from me, rapidly shifting into a hissing, badger. I took no time to snatch the little rodent into my powerful jaws, as it raced toward my weakness. It scratched and clawed at my face, ravenously, and I struggled to clamp my jaws down on it.

  “You and Simon will die!” Peyton spat. My eyes narrowed, giving me the last push of rage that I needed, my jaws locked together on her fragile spine, and the creature’s head hung from my dagger like teeth. I spat out the animal, and replied back, smugly,

  “You will never have that satisfaction, you little rat.”

  I ran over to Simon, and nudged him gently with my snout.

  “Simon? Simon, are you ok?” I asked, hopefully. Simon’s eyes slowly flickered to life. He looked around, and then his eyes rested on me, and his eye widened as he punched me square in the face.

  “Argh!” I roared. “What the hell, Simon?!”

  “Get back, Peyton! You’ll never get her!” Simon said, charging at me.

  “Wait, Si! It’s me-" another punch. “Simon Taylor Silver, if you hit me again, so help me, I will tear up all of your band t-shirts!” He stopped his arm in mid pull back.

  “Jo-Jo?” he said in disbelief. I nodded, morphing back to human form, and reaching for the scraps of my dress that remained on the ground to cover myself up. Simon blushed a little and looked away quickly. “Sorry, I didn’t know…” I nodded, and winced at the pain on my face. “Oh shit! Did I hurt you?” He said worriedly. I rolled my eyes and said in a sarcastic bubbly tone,

  “No, I’m fine! In fact, I kind of liked it, could you punch me again, please?” Simon chuckled uncontrollably.

  “Ok, ok, ha-ha. Sorry. Oh! You’re bleeding!” he said looking at the cut on my face. “C’mon,” He said picking me up, “we gotta get you clothes, and some Dora Band-Aids.”







SIMON

THIRTEEN


  You. Stupid. Idiot.  How do you protect someone, when you’re unconscious, retard!? And then get saved by who you’re trying to protect?!

  The light of dawn was beginning to streak across the crisp horizon. The light casted small shadowy illusions on the colorful trees, making them look as if they sparkled with reds, oranges, purples, and browns. The fallen leaves shattered under my trotting feet. Jo’s head lay against my pounding chest, bleeding slightly onto my favorite band shirt, yet I couldn’t have cared less about that shirt getting dirty more than Jo, ever. I broke through the brush, and came to the concrete creation that was my street.

  I walked down the street, with the light of dawn on my back and turned up into my yard, and into my house. I quietly carried Jo up the endless stairs, trying not to groan, so I wouldn’t offend her.  I finally reached the summit, and carried her into my room, laying her on the bed. I quickly rushed into the bathroom and searched for the Dora Band-Aids, and disinfectant.

  “A-ha!” I proclaimed, pulling out what I searched for. I walked back into my bedroom, and sat down on my bed. I delicately spread the disinfectant on her open wound, while she rested peacefully. I brushed the hair out of her eloquent face and admired her, before I placed the Dora Band-Aid on her forehead. I smiled at the gorgeous unconscious, probably concussed, girl, and kissed her forehead over her Band-Aid.  I carefully laid my head down, so not to disturb Jo, and slowly closed my eyes drifting to sleep, next to the most breathtaking girl in the world.

  “Simon?...” Jo mumbled in her sleep.

  “Yes, Jo-Jo?”

  “I… I lo-mjdnfe…” she mumbled under her breath. I smiled and chuckled, and drifted back to sleep.

*~~*




TOMMY


  “Tommy, get up! Get up!” Jo yelled, happily. “We’re going to the beach! Get up, sleepy head!” I jumped up out of bed, smiling big.

  “Really, Jo-Jo?!” she nodded, and said,

  “Go get in your swimsuit, while Simon and I load up the car.” I runned to my closet, and looked for my Batman and Robin swim trunks. Those are my favoritest! I found them, and taked off my Thor pjs.

  I put on my swim suit, and combed my hair, like Jo-Jo taught me. I grabbed my He-man sandals, and runned down the stairs. When I reached the bottom, I went out the front door.

  Jo-Jo and Si were holding hands and laughing, happy-like.

  “I’m ready! I whipped off my face!... I mean, I wiped off my face!” I fixed. Jo-Jo kissed my forehead.

  “Come on, honey! Let’s go!” she said. I jumped into the car seat that was behind Jo-Jo’s seat, while Simon sitted in the driving seat. We all buckled up for safety. Simon made the car go “vroom” and we pulled out of the driveway.

  I heard a loud, deep,

  “HONK!!” and looked up to see a big, tall, truck coming right at us.
© Copyright 2013 Samabama2324 (samabama2324 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1931763-Black-Silver