*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1932332-learning-to-review
Rated: E · Other · Activity · #1932332
appreciation of others creations and being a writer in training

  note: I am not part of the staff nor do I even know any of them. I am writing this for myself and as a way of showing my gratitude to those who made our little writing nook so easy for us. Just like fast food. All you have to do is enjoy while others prepare and clean up behind you.

  Today I decided to write something non-fictional and informational. At least from my point of view. Here at writing.com I am a newbie with no previous training or experience except for some lengthy Facebook posts from time to time. I don't even know exactly how I found this, now favorite hangout, but I sure am glad I did.

  All of you surely remember the day you ventured onto the first pages here and probably were overwhelmed as I when you read another writer's work, saw that it was one of a hundred or more of theirs, and like a lost pet crept closer as you became less cautious.

  That was me and my first review surprised me and like the rest of the veteran writers I wanted to do it again, and again...I was hooked!

  Reading through the items outlined by our staff,  I was surprised that a newbie could write reviews on these more experienced authors and began to read a few of them. At first I just read and then finally I decided to venture into that other world of reviewing someone else's work. I had fun.

  The points (GPs) are unimportant to me personally and I finally have settled on a set amount each time I do a review. If I run out I will just purchase more of them and review on. I write short stories as well, but this is about reviews
.
  I have learned so much in a very short time. If anyone is hesitant to get started, this is one way to have fun, read, review, learn, and interact with our neighbors. I am not doing this to gather data or steal ideas
.
  I am not a poet. I once had the idea that every line should rhyme with another and never have, as yet, even attempted to write one. To go even further I will also say that I wasn't even interested in reading any of them. But, I told myself that I might be missing something or that I could possibly learn a couple of things by forcing myself to endure one or two of them. No pain whatsoever..I sometimes have to read them more than once as my brain is not poetically programmed. Yet, for some strange reason I continue to read them. I read anything that comes my way to review. On the upper left hand side of this page under my personal block is a little pot of gold and I use that to randomly select my next review. I don't even have to decide between the hundreds or more waiting for someone to give them one little review. So simple!

  I would urge everyone to do 1 or 2 every day you are here if you have time. If a thought meteor crashes your mental universe with a new idea you have to give that a higher priority for the time being and by all means don't lose the opportunity to write the next prize winning story of your own.

  I review writings that I normally would not read. I try to give that other individual some mutual respect and stay positive about it. Encouragement from you may just propel someone from hesitancy to renowned author just because you dedicated a few minutes of your time to appreciate their efforts.

Oh, I have my "cuzzin" David to thank for sending an email encouraging me to begin writing as he saw some hidden talent somewhere, somehow, sometime, when he read something of mine. Seriously, Thank you David!  Even if you never come here to read this.

  And, you, thank you all for your time as well and may you enjoy Writing.com as much as I!

word count  676
© Copyright 2013 cuzzin cecil (3029clanier1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1932332-learning-to-review