*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1932483-work-in-progress
Rated: ASR · Other · Other · #1932483
No Title as yet
The sunlight cascaded through the trees almost like a waterfall of light hitting a wall of greens as it pooled to the forest floor.
Skel'lori lay in a daze, the world swimming in front of his vision, a vision that seemed to blur every time his head pounded with a resounding thud behind his eyes.
The metallic smell of blood filled his nostrils as Skel'lori’s head lolled to the side his brain trying to make sense of the visions and fragments of thought swimming through his mind.
His mind swam try to make sense of what was happening. Every time clarity of thought would enter his mind it was wisp away fleetingly as if to torment him.
Ever so slowly his mind clear and as it did his sight stopped swimming. He could clearly make out the trees surrounding him, the bird song chiming through the continuous rustling of leaves. It was then that it came to him, the sound of a fire crackling. He could now feel the warmth on his side. Carefully and quietly sat up gritting his teeth through the pain that lanced down the back of his neck as he did so.
Looking around with his neck and shoulder twinging with every movement he found himself alone in a clearing. His pack and weapons neatly stacked against a tree nearby. Skel’lori looked down at the light grey skin of his hands and arms and was alarmed to find himself standing naked in the short grass. Carefully moving his had up and feeling that back of his head he winced as his fingers glided over the tender base of his skull. He inspected his fingers to find sticky blood. He gave the ground behind him a brief glance and was not surprised to find the dark smear of blood that covered the ground.
“That would explain the smell” he muttered under his breath.
He crept silently toward his pack and mouthed a silent payer to As'bel that his clothes were located inside. Dressing himself quickly he shouldered his pack and weapons as he surved his options. The way he saw it he had two choices; stay make use of the fire and wait for whoever or whatever lit it to come back and say hello or strike out and try and get to high ground to find out where he was.
An uneasy feeling that he was being watched settled over him raising the hair on the back of his neck.

more to follow i can only write a little at a time!
© Copyright 2013 Dodgy Steve (tressagail at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1932483-work-in-progress