*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1934250-Sunday-Night-Light-Show
Rated: E · Short Story · Mystery · #1934250
Flash Fiction Entry 20/5/2013

Davis fixed his trucker cap and checked his watch. “I thought you said the truck was only 10 minutes West of the tall oak we passed 20 minutes ago?!”.
“Well you shouldn’t of wasted 10 minutes taking a leak, we’re going to miss Sunday night football!”.

It was getting darker, Seb seemed to be lost. He wasn’t going to admit that to Davis, he already was on his case for missing the 3 clear shots he had on those Moose.
“Haha, aahh Seb you better not have us lost, we still need to make poker this Friday you know!?”.
“Ha yeah man, I recognise this place, it cant be far now” Seb said nervously.

All of a sudden the temperature rapidly went cold.

“Davis ?” Seb asked with a hint of fear in his voice.
“Urrghh, we’re lost aren’t we!?” Davis was ready to turn around and face Seb when he felt the ice cold air as he breathed in.
“Not exactly, did you feel that?!”.

They had now stopped dead in their tracks. An eery silence had seemed to creep in and around them, they both slowly turned to face each other. Davis looked down to see that Seb was standing in one of the tyre treads where the truck once was. As it grew colder, the silence grew louder, as though coming from above.

Davis and Seb looked up in sync. The truck was bathed in a soft blue bubble of light which was coming from a chrome coloured disk about 100 feet above it. Hypnotised by the light, Seb had to take several steps back to see where the source of light was coming from.

“What in the name of Jesus H Christ is happening to our truck?” Davis asked Seb.

“I’ve never seen anything like it…”


WC : 300
© Copyright 2013 D J Ferguson (ferguson13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1934250-Sunday-Night-Light-Show