*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1934368-The-Haunted-Carpark
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1934368
A short story about a haunted car park
I was driving to work in my brown ford wagon when I realized I was wasted still wasted from the party last night.
I pulled up to a take away shop stopped the car then felt a burning pain on my head , I brushed at my head and a lit smoke dropped from my ear. I picked up the smoke took a few drags then butted it out.
I felt like I was in the middle of a circus standing in the middle of the take away shop. It was so bright and colourful and everybody seemed to move so quick and talk really loudly. I bought a piece of flake , chips with sauce and a bottle of water , then walked out and sat on the fence of someone’s house. I sat there drinking the water waiting for the food to cool.
After eating I drove into the mufti-story car park I usually park at, there weren’t any parks till the top floor.
As I drove up I thought to myself how these car-parks are like The Matrix for cars.
I parked the car got out and walked toward the elevator admiring the view of buildings and hills around the city on the way.
I pressed the button for the elevator to come up then watched the lights that show the level the elevator is on , Then something strange happened the light read level 7 then jumped straight up to level 20 where I was as if it just teleported from level 7 to here. The doors opened I stepped in and pressed G . The walls of the elevator where shiny steel and it made its usual ticking noises as it went down. I was at level 10 and it hadn’t stopped. That’s when the elevator started to pick up speed , I freaked out and went to press the stop button but I couldn't because I was suddenly falling. I mean the elevator was falling and it made me feel like I was floating in the elevator. But I knew what was really happening I looked at the lights that showed the floors it was dropping real quick it read 7 , 6, 5 , 4, 3, 2 I braced myself for the impact but it there was nothing , I looked at the lights and it had stopped on level 1 . I still felt like I was falling , gravity pushing against me still. Then the elevator doors opened up and to my utter amazement the ground was still. The elevator and the ground where still, but I kept falling, we'll I felt like I was anyway.
I felt sick and dizzy at what I was seeing. I started to panic and pushed myself out of the elevator i floated out the door into level 1. There where cars parked here and there but no people in sight anywhere. I looked out onto the street and saw the people where all frozen as if time had stopped outside the car park. The falling feeling started to die until I was just floating there with no feeling of movement. I then shot upwards into the ceiling and everything was turned upside down. I was now standing on the roof of the car park as if gravity had been reversed.
I stood there trying not to lose control and scream. I fell again and found myself on the floor the right way up now.
I was startled by the sound of about 20 cars starting simultaneously. I looked at a cars and found there was no drivers I looked over all of them and saw that none of the cars had drivers. The cars then started to move all of them turning to face me they started to rev there engines. I knew what was going to happen and started to run, they all at once started to drive after me, the sound of 20 car tires screeching hurt my ears. I ran up to the next level up , the cars all tried to follow but many of them crashed into each other. On the next level the cars I ran past all started their engines as if they were animals that I had awoken. I ran straight for the stairwell the cars gaining on me fast I made it to the door of the stairs and opened the door, A car crashed into the door, the shock of the noise and shrapnel of the impact knocked me over. I stood up and looked out the door; all the cars appeared to have stopped. I curled up into a ball and tried to wake myself sure this had to be a nightmare and I was asleep at home in bed, but I didn't wake up.
After a couple of moments I got up and walked down the stairs trying not to entertain the idea that this could be real. I walked down a level to
level G , But the door to get out of the stairwell wouldn't open. I walked over to the center of the stairwell and looked over the rail, I expected to see basement level where the stairwell would end, but to my surprise it seemed to wind on forever as if there was no end. I looked up and could make out the top of the stairwell 19 floors up. I went over and tried the door again but it was locked, I then started to kick and throw myself at the door to no avail.
So I walked down the stairs. The next level down was -1 I tried the door but it would budge. I kept walking down to -2 -3 and so on , I was in a trance after a while just going down a level check the door over and over it was all I could do , I stopped a couple of times and cried scream and bashed the door but then kept going. This can't be real I thought surely it just a bad trip from something someone slipped in my drink.
So I sat down to wait for this horror trip to end. But it seemed far to real, the feeling and the sound of the wind, The building site smell of the stairwell. I couldn't sit there and do nothing it made everything all to real and more horrific , so I kept on going down. For hours I walked my legs ached and I stopped and considered going back up, but I was at level -59 and there would probably be no way out going up anyway. So I kept walking, I was then stopped by a wall where the stairs usually keep going.
The wall had a door which I tried. It opened and there were another set of stairs that led down to another door.
I walked down to the door and opened it. Inside was a room filled with cardboard boxes, looking in them I found ancient pots and masks and things that looked like that which Indians would use. I looked through some more boxes then was startled as I found human bones. I checked the other boxes and found about 12 or so sets of human bones.
There was a sound like a door slamming into a cement wall, and I ran out and looked up the stairs and found that the door that leads to the car park was open. I ran up to it and stepped out. It was the ground level, I could see the city streets out the sides of the car park.
There was the sound of a heap of cars starting their engines at once and I responded instantly and ran toward a railing. There was a path on the other side of the rail that led out of the car park, I climbed over and started to head towards the city street and there was strange sound. I looked toward the sound and saw vines growing like tentacles out of the walls of the car park. I ran toward the exit and a vine shot out after me. As soon as I stepped out from the car park I was startled by people in space suites. I turned around and saw that the car park was being over grown by the vines.
I looked out onto the street and found there where trucks and tents everywhere and men and biohazard suites where coming towards me. Which strangely I never saw in the car park but they were there now as if the car park is in another time.
“It’s all right where not going to hurt you, just follow us “one of the bio hazard suites said.
I followed them to a tent, they took readings of me then made me shower and scrub myself. I was then brought a tent by two men in black suites.
“What’s going on here “I asked them?
“actually I was wondering if you could tell us that" said one of the men who was smoking a cigarette.
“The car park you came out of, has had some strange force field over it for the last 7 hours “said the other man who wasn't smoking.
“you’re the only person we've seen come out so far " said the smoking man and he took a long hard draw on the cigarette.
“So what happened while you were in there" said the other.
I told them all about what happened in the car park.
Then after getting my details they said I could leave. Then the man whom wasn't smoking handed me a card and told me to call if I thought of anything else.
That night, after a night drinking at a friend’s place I sat at my place unable to sleep due to a dream I kept having. In the dream I would be standing in the room with Indian bones, when what looked like cement would start to fill the room and I couldn’t get out of the room. Then just before the cement would cover my face I would wake up. I sat there smoking a cigarette when the thought occurred; “what if the car park was built on an ancient Indian burial ground and what happened that day was the ghosts of the Indians trying to tell their burial site had been desecrated.
I rang the number the scientific investigator gave me and told him all of this. After a couple weeks I started to forget about the car park and I was reading the paper, I read a story about the car park being built on an ancient Indian burial ground, the man who owned the building went to jail for covering up a historical site and a number of other charges.
© Copyright 2013 dvdtomkins (dvdtomkins at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1934368-The-Haunted-Carpark