*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1935217-The-world-of-mirrors---page-two
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Dark · #1935217
The paper scraps were only the beggining. The creature is here.
The creature slowly moved towards him, backing him into a corner as it approached. Its empty black eye sockets peering into his soul. Two gateways leading to a hellish abyss. It raised one skeletal arm and slashed its long, thin, razor-like fingers towards his throat.He woke with a start, wiping the beads of sweat from his brow and took as sip of water, spluttering. His fair blonde hair was now dank and clung to his face. The nightmares were back. Dreams so terrifying he was often too afraid to sleep the next night.

The house was empty, as usual. He rarely ever saw his parents. They were back after he went to bed and often gone long before he woke up the following morning. They seemed to want to distance themselves from him; it had been this way since the mysterious dissapearance of his older brother Max Layton. Maybe they were just scared of loosing him too. They never found the body, nore any clues of his whereabouts. He was just presumed dead.
Regardless, Jack was acustom to this type of behaviour, it had been nearly seven years after all.
He once again passed through the hallway, taking his usual glance at his own reflection. He stopped in his tracks. The creature, it was there. Inside the mirror? Leering at him; raking its elongated fingers against the pane of glass. His complexion turned a ghastly white. He wasnt dreaming. He was very well aware of this. It really was there, as clear as day. Its greyish skin that looked like it didnt quite fit, the long strands of wiry black hair that clung to its face, and those eyes. Those all consuming eyes. Was he insane? Most likely, but regardless this thing was here and it was staring straight at him. It seemed to be reaching for him, beconinng him towards the glass. This seemed almost too familliar, had he seen this before? He stood there gawmless, in disbelief. It was gone.

The face from the picture, it was finally out of his nightmares; but whatever it was, it was in his home. Something had brought this thing forward from a dark place and he was determined to send it back. In the meantime it was trapped, for now.
© Copyright 2013 inkwell (paperjack11 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1935217-The-world-of-mirrors---page-two