*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1936530-Beyond-Part-2
by BRayV
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1936530
Part 2 of Short story Beyond
    It's 3am who would be calling at this hour. Ty rolled over and answered the phone, "hello."

    "Ty Kinston?" The voice asked

    "Yes, who's this?"

    "This is John Wright, I'm calling because your name was on a very short list."

    Ty rolled over, "What are you talking about, what list, and who are you?"

    "I'm a Lawyer in North Carolina, my client asked me to call you from a list of names in your field of study, you are Ty Kinston the archeologist Yes?" John asked.

    "Lawyer? What are you talking about?" Ty was now awake sitting up in bed.

    "I represent someone who owns a large amount of property and the discovery of a cave has led us to this conversation."

    "OK a cave, I'm listening, are we talking cave art?" Ty was now a little intrigued.

    John gave a small laugh, more because of his excitement, "Not sure what you will find."

    "What do you mean, the cave hasn't been explored yet?" Ty with full attention now.

    "Well not exactly, you see there is a door, a really old door."

    "A door, what do you mean by a door?" Ty did not follow what he was talking about a door in a cave.

    "I just sent you an email look at the pictures, I will wait."

    Ty slid out of his bed and made his way to the desk on the other side of his room. He did not need a large house because he was never home enough for the upkeep. This little studio apartment was plenty. Opening his laptop and logging in, it did not take long for the pictures to pop up. Ty could not believe what he was looking at, two pillars with four unique faces and a large door between the two.

    "When was this found?" Ty asked excited.

    "The cave two days ago, the door was today." John paused. "So are you in, do you want to be part of a team on this?"

    "I'm in, where am I flying?"

    " I will pick you up at PTI airport in North Carolina, call me with your flight arrangements." John took a second, "And Mr. Kinston, we do not want anyone to know about what this is yet." With that john hung the phone up.

  Ty looked at the few pictures on his computer in amazement. He had seen a lot of things but nothing like this. What he was looking at, even with poor picture quality, he knew without a doubt this was built here. This was not a structure that had been buried with time but this door was built into the wall.

 
© Copyright 2013 BRayV (hollywood17 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1936530-Beyond-Part-2