*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1936630-Greatest-desire
Rated: E · Poetry · Inspirational · #1936630
This is a spoken word, might be long butbworth reading!
Spoken word-"Greatest Desire"

We're all born with a purpose and as time goes by, we discover our personal desire. See, we all have that one person who we most admire. Going back to our childhood, we all had that one dream we wanted to turn into reality. We all had that one thing we always wished for. And as we grew older that was the thing that made us want more.The thing is that we all have that one obstacle that brings us back to the floor. You see people around you with a better resistance, bigger age, better shoes, or better whatever. But keep in mind that it's not about the shoes, because that wont make you loose. As a natural tendency of all human beings, we all benchmark ourselves with the ones who are great. But it's not about that, it's about taking yourself to the highest rate. It's all about challenging what you can do, it's about not making excuses even when you're new. Because nothing in life comes easy. No, you wont find a shortcut to get to your goal. No sir, you wont. Because to get there you must put all your effort and your soul. Because even Michael Jordan said that patience is a virtue that's highly needed. And if you dont believe it, google it yourself and go ahead and read it. And what do you think? You think all those greats were born as stars? You think they had no need to practice and thats why they were found all weekends in bars? Heck no. Those greats were once begginers. And to clarify, they're also sinners. Because in this earth no one was born perfect, no one was born a master. In fact, in the beginning they were all a whole big disaster. And how do you think they got to where they are? By a thing thats called decision. Yeah, thats right. They declared and said, "Right now, i'm in a mission." and who likes to start something and leave it half way? I bet no one. So these guys said, "Now, i'm in. I cant get out." Yeah, they chose this route. And they know about illusions, and they knew that one of them was having doubts. Because if you want to complete a task, you gotta be yourself and quit putting on fake masks. And at a start, we all begin thinking on possibilities of failing it, knowing that there are way more probabilities of nailing it. Let me tell you, we're all afraid to fail, we are all afraid of going to the the floor. But thats the courage we need to have, courage of running for more. You should't be afraid to fail, be afraid not to try, because those doubts will always be a lie. And just like God said, if you dont use your talents, he will take them away, so start working because today is the day. Pay no attention to what others say because this is all about doing what they say you cant. You have to prove them they're not correct. Show them that hard work has an effect. Take whatever you've been given and turn it into the best you can, because if you see the person you follow, the same did that man. Patience and courage is what those guys had. Turned those perceived weaknesses into strengths. They broke their dreams into steps and made them plans, knowing that that way they were going to have fans. And thats what you gotta do. Dont break when you're broken. And just to use some figurative language, sometimes you get wet by what other people tell you, but if you're soaked, dont keep soaking. Just keep in mind those stars. Have courage to fall, and when you get to a wall, aim higher because what you're running for is your greatest desire.
© Copyright 2013 arianar11 (arianar11 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1936630-Greatest-desire