*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1936691-Beyond-Part-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by BRayV
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1936691
Part 3 of Beyond
    Sean watched the black sedan pull up to the bright yellow caution tape. He had decided to rope off two acres around the cave entrance for safety purposes. In actuality, he wanted to keep as many people back as possible. Westfield was a very small town and word will spread so he took his best precaution to keep them out. Sean had been talking with sheriff Rodney Johnson when the sedan drove into view, he excused himself to go and meet his guests. Meeting halfway Ty Kinston introduced himself.

    "Good to meet you." Sean said shaking Ty's hand. He was expecting some one a little older when he thought archeologist. The man standing in front of him could not be older then thirty with dark black hair almost dyed looking and a deep tan, probably because most of his days were spent in the sun.

    John Wright looked around, "Where's Mike?"

    "They're in the cave," Sean replied moving away from his observations of Ty towards the lawyer.

    "They?" " Who else is down there?" John asked.

    "Samantha." Sean motioned his hand in a follow me direction as he turned to escort the two men towards the entrance.

    "Really, I thought those two were not on speaking terms." John said as they began to walk towards the tractor.

    Sean shrugged his shoulders.

    "So how big is your property Mr. Collins?" Ty asked as they approached Sheriff Johnson.

    "Call me Sean, and I own about 85 acres."

    " Do you know any of the history of the land?" Ty asked.

    "What do you mean?" Sean not understanding the question.

    "When did you acquire the land, and was there anything built on the property in the past?"

    "The land has been in my family for a long time, I'm not sure how many generations," Sean paused, "and I'm not sure anything other then some old barns have been built."

    "Well, here we are." Sean stopped at the tractor parked about Ten feet from the entrance. Sean introduced Ty and Sheriff Johnson.

    Ty looked at the tractor with a rope attached to the hitch, his eyes followed it across the ground and then watched it drop into a six foot diameter hole. He walked over to the edge, leaned down and peered into the cavern. "Holy"

  "Yep, that's what everyone has said." Sean laughed. "You ready to get to work?"

  Sean pulled out a hand held radio. The static rang out and cleared. Sean spoke into it, "Mike you there?"

  A voice came out clearer then Ty had expected, "Go ahead."

  "Sending Ty Kinston down, you might want to meet him at the entrance."

  "Copy" Mike replied.

  "Let's get you hooked up." Sean pointed to the rope he had begun pulling out of the hole.

 
© Copyright 2013 BRayV (hollywood17 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1936691-Beyond-Part-3