*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1937378-No-Title
Rated: 13+ · Other · Relationship · #1937378
This is just a rough draft, not even finished. I've added some new content.
         Lightning filled the sky, breaking the cool, silence of the night with the roaring thunder that followed. In the blink of an eye, everything became drenched with the rain that poured from above. The weather man promised clear skies, but the sky was enveloped in darkness, and down below in the quiet, little town, another storm was beginning to brew.



         "Cameron! Cameron!" a voice screamed out through a small house on the edge of town. A young man, no more than seventeen, pulled his gaze from the window to look down the hall where the screaming came from. His name rang out once more and that's all that was needed to send him running. Busting through the door, he froze like a deer in headlights. In the bed laid a girl, but not just any girl. She was his girl. Her normal, straightened brunette locks of hair were frizzed and in a mess. For once, she had absolutely no make-up on and there were even bags under her eyes from barely sleeping. A smile crossed his face, but his train of thought was broken. "Don't just stand there! We need to get to the hospital... now!" The girl was obviously in pain and the large water mark on the bed let Cameron know that this time, it wasn't just a drill. The sharp tone sent him into panic mode. His eyes began to flutter around the room. 'The bag. The bag. Where the hell is the bag?' Is all he could think. 'Ah!' Behind a large pile of clothes hid a dark bag filled with everything that Chelsea thought they would need. "Quicker, Cam!" She groaned as she moved to the edge of the bed. With a quick graceful twist, he grabbed the bag and managed to make it over to Chelsea as she began to stand up. The tight grip of one of her hands on his shoulder was all he needed to keep on moving. "Do you have everything?" Her questions were endless, but it was something he adored about her.



         "Chelsea, calm down. I've got the bag and packed everything you told me. You watched me pack it, and we checked it twice." He couldn't help but give a little giggle at the end. His calmness during her panicked situations always made her mad. Cameron had little choice, though. Someone needed to be able to keep their cool, and she wouldn't be able to do that if her life depended on it. Deep down, Cameron was freaking out like a five year old who couldn't have a cookie. He just couldn't show that to her. What good would it do for them to both be freaking out? None.



         Everything seemed to move so slow. He couldn't get down the hall or to the door quick enough. "Oh, perfect!" Chelsea growled as they stepped onto the small porch. Quickly, Cameron gave a kiss to her forehead and kept moving. If he didn't, he'd be the victim of her furry instead of the storm. Jamming the car key into the passenger side, he tried his best to get her out of the rain, but she wasn't making it easy. "I should have told you to get an umbrella."

         "We should have gotten a bigger car, the dash is going to push the baby out!"



         When he finally got her settled into the car, he felt as if he had taken five showers in a row. Running to the driver's side, he unlocked the door and jumped into the car. "Cam! You just shook freezing cold water everywhere!" At least now her tone was growls from pain instead of the sharp, nails against a chalkboard. "Are you ever going to speak?!"



         With a deep inhale of breath, Cameron started the car and began to back out of the driveway. "I was waiting for your ranting to stop." He flashed a smile her way and put the car in drive to start the long drive to the hospital.



         "Well, aren't you just a clever, smart ass." But a small smirk crept to the corner of her lips. He was the only one who could ever really get away with something like that. Chelsea was known for being a bitch, and her claws were sharp. She was the stereotypical, bitchy head cheerleader, but with a twist. Her bark was big, but her bite was dangerous. She wasn't one to be messed with, and she made sure to make it clear. It surprised her that Cameron was still around.
© Copyright 2013 Gryphon (take_flightt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1937378-No-Title