*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1937863-Me-in-a-cage
by BRayV
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest · #1937863
For contest 250 words
Look at those little kids down there. All day long playing and giggling, screaming and fighting. I can't even get some good rest with all the noise. Day in, day out, the same old thing. When will those rug rats be old enough to go to school. And the mother, don't let me even start on her. You would think two was enough but noooo, she had to go out and get another little terror. Off subject, I just saw myself in the mirror, and let me tell you, I am one handsome son of a gun. Pretty bird if I do say so myself. Anyway, what I was going to say was last week, the oldest tike shot a rubber band at me. He simply wrapped it around his finger and fired. He would have been on point with the shot too if I would not moved with my lightning speed. The mom of course was no where around to see her little angel actually show the horns he hides. Then if that wasn't enough yesterday he opened my cage and tried to man handle me. I had to jump and fly in all kind of directions just to keep out of his little fingers. I'm getting to old for all of this, I mean look at me, I've lost a lot of color, my feathers are falling out more frequently, and I think I'm going blind. Well it's dinner time and if I don't ask for it I may not get it, so excuse me please. "Polly wants a cracker, Polly wants a cracker."
© Copyright 2013 BRayV (hollywood17 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1937863-Me-in-a-cage