*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1938963-Annie-and-Finnick
by Allie
Rated: E · Other · Fanfiction · #1938963
a short story from Finnick's point of view. Hunger Games fanfiction
I awake shivering in a cold sweat to look next to me and remember I have my love safe and back again, I try to settle myself and stop trembling before she awakes, I watch her as she sleeps, everyone looks so young and innocent when they are asleep. It brings me back to the first time I saw her, walking down the beach with her dark brown hair blowing in the wind and her bare feet making perfect imprints in the sand. I wondered if it was worth it to try to talk to her, I was feeling so used and broken, that my life was over and there was no going back to being happy. That I would never love anyone the way that people should, to me love was a word overused and to someone as broken as I was it had no meaning anymore. Love was just a word someone who barely knows me would say as some kind of payment for using me. Love was something I was forced to give up when I was chosen out of that glass ball on reaping day. So I just watched her walk down the beach, she really didn’t look like anything too special to me at the time. I had seen prettier, seen worse, but I had no need to get to know her, for everyone who talks to me thinks of me as the Finnick I portray when I am around people, the Finnick that chooses to exchange favors with people I have never met, the happy, beautiful, killer that won the 65th hunger games. Little do they know, this Finnick I know is broken, ruined, and hopeless. So I just watched the beautiful girl walk down the beach, for fear of that she was like everyone else.
Now, years later she is my whole life, the thing that keeps me sane, the thing that keeps me living, the only thing I have to hold on to. They may say shes mad, but as far as I’m concerned, so am I. She’s all I want to see when I wake, and the thing I want to see in my dreams when I fall asleep. She is all I’ll ever need. I watch her slowly turn on her side facing me and open her deep sea green eyes, and I cant help but shiver, even after being with her for years, I still get chills when I look into her eyes, filled with love and life, and I cant help but think to myself, this is exactly what love is, laying on a bed looking into her eyes, and feeling like I could do this forever, and never wish to be anywhere else.
“Good morning beautiful.” I whisper
“Good morning my love” Annie says as she slides closer to me and wraps her arm around me.
© Copyright 2013 Allie (awilcox322 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1938963-Annie-and-Finnick