*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1939173-Newbie-Link-Hub
Rated: E · Other · Internet/Web · #1939173
New to Writing.com? Have no idea where to go? Then come on in!
Welcome to Writing.com! You may not know it yet, but you have joined a wonderful community that is full of helpful members who are more then willing to help you out! I joined Writing.com over ten years ago. Since that time, I have seen this site grow and add new features. Things have changed since the day I joined, and it can be difficult for a newbie to find their way around here.

You may be asking questions such as "Where do I go? How do I post my work? Who's this Storymaster guy? How do I introduce myself? What do they mean by paid and free memberships?"

This is where this helpful guide comes in. My purpose is to have a place where a Newbie can find the various guides, forums, and other things that can help them as they learn about Writing.com and the features it offers.

Newbies, I really hope this guide helps you as I introduce you to the wonderful world of Writing.com*Cool*
****************************

Writing.com `101

Before I introduce anything else, I want to show you this helpful item. This is a guide that explains everything that you need to know about Writing.com. I suggest you take a look at this guide before you do anything else!

BOOK
Writing.Com 101  (E)
Explanations and instructions of all things Writing.Com.
#101 by The StoryMistress

***************

Helpful Guides to Writing.com

So, I'm sure you might be curious about content ratings or those links that people have been raving about! What to know about the different levels of memberships? Well, here's some helpful guides that should help you!

This item covers the different memberships that are offered on Writing.com

 Compare Free and Paid Membership Benefits  (E)
Compare different features and benefits of the various membership levels at Writing.Com.
#688627 by Writing.Com Support


This item is a nice view on how to rate items on Writing.com

 How Should I Rate Items on Writing.Com?  (E)
Wondering how to approach the rating system on Writing.Com?
#544855 by The StoryMistress


This covers the various tools that Writing.com offers its members!

 Author Tools @ Writing.Com  (E)
Find out more about great tools that will assist you with your writing!
#399532 by The StoryMistress


Did you know Writing.com offers folders to help you organize your port? Check this out to learn more

 Creating and Using Folders  (E)
Explains how to create and use folders for portfolio organization.
#169016 by The StoryMistress


Want to find an author? Take a look at this!

 Finding Authors  (E)
Explains different ways to find Authors within the site.
#169004 by The StoryMistress

********************

Forums and In & Outs

Writing.com is a large community, and it often gets intimidating for newer members who have joined to introduce themselves. Here are some forums & In & Outs that you can visit to break the ice and introduce yourself!



Before you go anywhere else, I highly suggest you stop by this forum and say hi. There's always a friendly mod or other members who will be ready to welcome you to Writing.com

FORUM
Noticing Newbies  (13+)
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
#126963 by The StoryMistress


This is the official General Discussion forum for Writing.com! Stop on in and introduce yourself!
FORUM
Writing.Com General Discussion  (13+)
A message forum for general discussion. Please come and chat with others!
#100931 by Writing.Com Support


This is another nice place to introduce yourself! It's a pretty active forum!

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1761904 by Not Available.


Another forum for Newbies to introduce themselves! Pop in and say hi!
FORUM
Newbie Help & Support Writer's Hideaway  (E)
A discussion forum to help Newbies by answering questions about writing, reviewing & more
#1768032 by Tiggy


******************************
Support Forums
Need some help on Writing.com? Want to ask questions about the content ratings or get help with technical support on the site? Then check out these forums.

Having some technical problems on Writing.com? Visit this forum to get some help!

FORUM
Technical Support Forum  (13+)
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
#303715 by Writing.Com Support


This forum is for non-technical support and questions on Writing.com!
 
FORUM
Non-Technical Support Forum  (13+)
Members help other members with non-technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
#710633 by Writing.Com Support


Want to ask questions about the content ratings of an item? Then visit this forum!
{bitem:430933

Have you encountered any bugs while browsing Writing.com? Then report them here!
{bitem:101136}


******************************
Contest and Activities!

Want to show off your writing talents? Or enter raffles to bid on great packages? Contests and activities on Writing.com are a great way to show off your writing in contests to win prizes or ant actives that help fellow members and WDC!


This item helps newbies get involved with WDC by offering activites such as posting items in their port, and reviewing fellow newbies to earn a Portfolio Awardicon. Non-newbies can also get involved by donating 20K, which also earns them a Portfolio Awardicon. Either way, it is a great activity that gets everyone involved! Newbies, please check this awesome item out!
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1995591 by Not Available.


Want to show off your stuff and maybe win some prizes in this contest for Newbies only? Then visit this forum!

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1873271 by Not Available.



Feeling Lucky? Enter this draw and test your luck for great prizes if your number matches!

FORUM
Lucky Numbers  (13+)
Pick your numbers, cross your fingers, and hope you win!
#1935919 by Gaby ~ Keeper Of The Realm


Want to win 10,000 gps? Then enter this long-running contest!

FORUM
The Writer's Cramp  (13+)
Write the best story or poem in 24 hours or less and win 10K GPs!
#333655 by Sophy



Can you write a story in 300 words or less? Take the challenge with this contest, and you could win some gps!

Daily Flash Fiction Challenge  (13+)
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
#896794 by Arakun the Twisted Raccoon


Want to earn some extra GPs? Then stop by this item and fill out surveys that ask about your experiences as a newbie! Anyone is welcome, and it's well worth everyone's time to check this item out!
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1994566 by Not Available.



******************************************

Items that help support Newbies

This section is aimed at older members on Writing.com. There are tons of notable items on WDC that are aimed at helping Newbies out! These items range from groups that are devoted to assisting newbies, to review forums that help ensure newbies get reviews on Writing.com.

These items all serve as a vital link to helping out Newbies, and I hope all of you visit these items and help in some way.

So, Without any further delay, here they are!

~ Santa Sisco ~ Runs a very good group that is devoted to helping Newbies learn about Writing.com, as well as guiding them in many other ways. This group does great things, and are looking for new members or donations to help them out.

So, if you want to help the group in some way, please check this out!

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1949660 by Not Available.


Want to send a C-note greeting that also helps out Newbies? Then check out this item! All GPs are donated to {litem:1949660!}

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1990942 by Not Available.


This is a group that I am a proud member of. They are devoted to helping members of Writing.com, and helping promote a supportive and encouraging example on Writing.com. While this group does help all members of WDC, a focus is on helping review and support newbies. If you want to be part of this positive and very helpful group, than check them out!

GROUP
The WDC Angel Army  (ASR)
Dedicated to promoting positivity, encouragement, and support to the WDC community.
#1188309 by iKïyå§ama-BacktoWonderland!

*****************************

Now, I hope I managed to help a new(or not-so new) member find their across Writing.com. My goal with this item is very simple, I want to help support newbies and help them find their way through Writing.com. That's why I need the help of the WDC Community. If you have a good item that you think will be a good fit for this list, then send me an IM or an email! Have a great contest that a newbie might enjoy entering? Drop me a line!

I want this to serve as a hub for Newbies to find the help and support that they need as they begin their journey on WDC! Above all else, I want this to be an item that grows by adding more items that will help Newbies. And no matter what, I want this item to be accurate with no dead links or forums that have been abandoned for long-periods of time.

My final message goes out to all the newbies who have been reading this item. I want you all to know that I am more then willing to help you out. And if you want to send me a message to introduce yourselves, then feel free to do that as well. You got an item that you want me to review or look over? I'll help you out! I'll even sponsor really good items on the bidclicks and in my signature if I have a few GPs to spare

Writing.com is a community and I want you to feel welcome here. I want all newbies(and other members) to know that my door is open! Don't be shy if you want some help or support!

And once again, welcome to Writing.com!
© Copyright 2013 Supersonic-In the year 2300! (supersonic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1939173-Newbie-Link-Hub