*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1939202-Horatio-Chapter-1
Rated: E · Chapter · Drama · #1939202
This is the first chapter of "Horatio" my upcoming novel.
Chapter I:
The Death


In law and virtue, which our obsessive compulsive mind burns in a confrontation, is where laid the body of Ishmael. A sixteen year old drug addict who’s compulsion and anger led to his death. What is left? The soulless shadow of a body, a sad boy who’s mother will mourn. A dead heart. Dead, was his sculpted body. The burning knife laid in his bloody chest, deflating his tortured heart. Soon his body will go without drinking milk, starve of blood and get eaten by maggots which will soon corrupt it. “Such loneliness…” said a voice amongst the crowd that surrounded it. “Call an ambulance, the police,” said a man waving his walking stick, “or the sun will dry out the evidence of this hideous crime.”


The moon lit the crowd. It consisted of young men and women dressed in formal attire. Dresses, high heels, amongst other things. The men where curious in the event and the women, well, some screamed and some fainted under the brilliant stars. “This will make the front headlines.” said a Russian boy catching the dead body with his new smartphone. “I’m a rich man…”


He wrestled the boy to his death. Stabbed him. “Murderer.” said a blonde girl, sending out a scream as she pointed at Saied. He wiped his bloody hands in his face. A tangy salty taste invaded his tongue as his enemy’s blood dripped upon his Moroccan lips.


They fought. Ishmael against Saied. It was a fight of reclaims. Saied owned Ishmael some money from his drug dealing. “I don’t have the money” Said Saied. In a desperate moment Ishmael retrieved a knife from his leather pants pocket and aimed it at Saied. “Give me the money or you will not savour a kiss from a woman in your minutes of agony.” Ishmael said to Saied.


There was a crowd witnessing what was happening. It happened during Saied’s high school graduation in Notting Hill. Lovers who pass the day dreaming, the class clown who’s brain mistreated him and the believer in God. All amongst the crowd.


Saied’s right leg exposed it’s red flesh as Ishmael strikes it with the knife. It bled furiously. A heat wave overtook Saied’s body which now laid on top of Ishmael. He salvaged the knife from Ishmael’s black hand and punctured his chest.




© Copyright 2013 Armando Ferreira (armandinho at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1939202-Horatio-Chapter-1