*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1939649-Haunted-House-Animal
by Kings
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Thriller/Suspense · #1939649
In the secluded hills of eastern Kentucky sat a big farm house that was haunted.

Haunted House Animal

In eastern Kentucky, near Pikeville sat an old big farm house, that was said to be haunted. Many of the people who lived in the area near the town reported they had seen a big harry like animal creature there in the hills near the haunted house and so the legend was born. In the early twenties around the city of Pikeville, Ky. the legend was born. It was said that late one night a group of men went raccoon hunting. They took along, a knife, rifle, and five dogs to hunt if necessary.

When they reached the haunted house strange and eerie sounds of creatures could be heard nearby the house in the woods surrounding it. After the dogs heard the sounds they begin to bark and howl. But, they were reluctant to go near the sounds. Most raccoon dogs will immediately attack the animal their chasing. The men finally got the dogs to go in the woods to chase the creature. After a few moments of hunting the dogs started to howl and bark. Then we heard the dogs chasing the creature through the woods. They were hot on its tale as they chased it all over the hills.

Needless to say the men had never heard of a creature as fast and loud as this one was. They knew it wasn't a raccoon, or opossum, or some other small creature. It was moving to fast through the woods to be a small creature. Then all the loud sounds of the dogs started to fade from a distance. They assumed the creature had ran far away from the barking dogs. So the hunters impatiently waited for the dogs to come back to them. After a few hours in the early morning a couple dogs came back to us. We had taken five dogs with us on the hunt, three Beagles, one Blue Tick, and a Black and Tan. We waited for the Blue Tick, and Black and Tan, to come back. Finally about an hour later they came back with cuts, tears, and blood on their bodies. Whatever they were chasing they must have caught it.

After checking the two wounded dogs out we could see that whatever it was had long claws. The cut marks on the dogs looked as though they could be a big cat's claws. This would explain the speed and distance of the chase and the two dogs condition. It had been reported earlier around 10 years ago when the old house became vacant of people there was reported a big cat seen near it. So they named the creature whom- pas cat. He was a big black cat who weighed about three hundred pounds. It is possible this could be the same animal the dogs chased and we are talking about.

A cat can do a lot of damage to a dog with its claws especially a big cat. So the people around the area of the big house thought they knew what the beast of the haunted house was. This only made them more frightened of this cat they knew what he did to the dogs. No one would go close to the house after that incident. So it was that the beast was left alone to search for food and water on his own. These days it is seldom talked about the haunted house animal, and just what it was.

BY: Kings
© Copyright 2013 Kings (tazzy1228 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1939649-Haunted-House-Animal