*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1940005-Im-Fine
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1940005
We all lie because the truth is always too painful for most to handle
I’m fine



Don’t let them see your tears, don’t let them see how much you are struggling.  Smile without sincerity and make it look real, smile without truth and they will think you are fine.

Faking a smile is easy, but living with the lie is not.  So deep breath, exhale and lie because the truth is not what the world ever wants to see.



I’m fine



Hiding behind a wall of lies, longing to cry from the stress, aching to let all of the hurt out, always forcing the smile, always lying the lie.  People are so caught up on appearances that they do not question if the smile they see is a real smile or a false one.

Liar, liar, pants on fire.  Heard that many times and it is very accurate to humanity in general, we lie so often that we end up believing that our lies are the truth.



I’m fine



A lie a day keeps the truth at bay, a lie a day is not the way.  We are a species of lies within lies, always locking away the truth from ourselves and one another.  Honesty is such a rare thing.

Hide the tears, hide the pain, don’t let them see the rain.  Smile with false sincerity, smile with yourself screaming and crying within to tell the truth.  Pain is weakness as far as society is concerned after all.



I’m fine



Hello, I’m fine, you?  Oh yes, it is a nice day, by the way I’m lying through my back teeth and I’m really curled up in a ball within myself crying my heart out from all of the pain and misery I endure on a daily basis, how about you?

Bye, see you later although I will probably never see you again because I do not know who you are.  Lie, lie, lie, lie, that’s all we ever do.  We are always demanded and expected to lie.



I’m fine



Finally alone where no one can see the pain come pouring out, tears flow freely in racking sobs.  Tonight I shall cry without anyone to see, tomorrow I shall force a smile and lie my miserable heart out.

For what is a human but a miserable little pile of lies?  Truth terrifies people even though the truth is the one thing that can truly set us free.

Smile, lie, have a secret cry.  Lie and die a bit at a time, for that is what is demanded.



I don’t want to lie though, I hate lying.  I want to say the truth, I want the pain to be seen.



Another day dawns and another forced smile is put on, while within I scream to speak the truth.



I’m fine.
© Copyright 2013 ReinaHW (reinahw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1940005-Im-Fine