*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1940031-Crystal-Tears-Part-One
Rated: E · Fiction · Romance/Love · #1940031
Elizabeth must face her fears-and decide the life she must lead.
Chapter 1



Elizabeth was almost 16 when people started really noticing her. It was because she was beautiful, but also clumsy and often seen staggering around the castle, bumping into maids and suitors alike. These days there weren't many suitors because no one wanted a clumsy careless queen. But it is not my life's work to record her whole life story. It is my life's work to record what happened starting on her 17th birthday.



She had been getting ready for her coming-of-age ceremony all day. First light she had to get into a sauna. Then she had to get fitted with an enormous, scratchy, uncomfortable gown. It had dozens of huge brass hoops under the skirt that kept banging against her side. To top it all of it had a very very tight bodice with lacing in the front and  sleeves that sloped to show her shoulders. She had begged for no sleeves on her ceremony gown since she turned 15 but her mother refused. She then took off the gown, got a manicure, and her hair done. Next she got her make-up done. Finally she put the gown back on and got the super tight shoes on.



There were 2 suitors who were basically competing for the princess. She was beautiful and they would unite the kingdoms and make them as one. Meanwhile, Elizabeth was staring in the mirror, saying,

“Can I play the part of the princess? I might be one but can I act like one?”



No one knew except her best friend but the clumsiness was to chase away suitors. Her best friend was the maid Mary's daughter, Kingsley. Her twin brother, Karter, was in the army of Naides. Elizabeth was actually very graceful. She knew that this night she would have to face the suitors without clumsiness. She knew the 2 suitors weren't giving up.



The first suitor was the prince of Naides. He was handsome and they had almost gotten betrothed when she was 5. He was only competing because their marriage would seal a treaty made 10 years ago, and she was beautiful. The second suitor was the prince of Kovian. He was frail at the moment because 2 months ago he almost poisoned. Then this whole lets kill the prince thing started and …well you get the point. His parents wanted his life to return to normal so they made him come to a banquet. His parents and Elizabeth's talked and eventually, here he was. She walked forward, breathing deeply. As she opened the double doors and walked into the ballroom, she knew something was going to happen.





Chapter 2



Elizabeth sat there quietly at the end of the table. The ballroom was loud and the walls echoed so she shut out the noise. Kingsley told her to tag people when she was nervous. She had already tagged prince of Kovian Tassels. He pampered them ridiculously. Every time he saw them move an inch, he would go to the washroom for 10  minutes. The prince of  Naides was tagged as Polero. A combination of hero and politics. He sat there looking important in his suit with like 30 medals pinned to it. Just then a dark figure entered the ballroom.  She was wearing a black silk ballgown not unlike Elizabeth's. It had long sleeves and no lacing though. She also had a cloak  with the hood on and an ebony staff. It had a sapphire on top, glowing with power. She walked casually around the ballroom saying hello to random people and bumping into old men. Kingsley glanced toward Elizabeth and giggled. The figure took off the hood as soon as she reached the royal table. Underneath was a mass of curly black hair and startling blue eyes. Elizabeth sighed.



“Hello Nala” she said.
© Copyright 2013 Liz Love (jennanokki at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1940031-Crystal-Tears-Part-One