*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1940321-A-Story-of-Faith-Hope-and-Love
by FSUmom
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1940321
This story is a fable.
There was a man. He was a strong and remarkable man whose destiny was to protect the people, and he loved a girl. She was a simple girl who longed for the people to be kind and to love one another. Although she was simple, she had a tremendous ability to hope even when the people said, “Why hope? Why believe? There is nothing good left in this world.” The people cried out day and night, “This world wars and these people envy!” Then the people saw. They saw the way the man looked at the girl with fire in his eyes, and their hope grew, and they were quiet for a time.

Once again, after the enemy sieged and mocked the people, their eyes strayed from the man and fixed on the situation and they doubted. They lost their hope. But the people saw the gentleness with which the man spoke to the simple girl and the people marveled and were ashamed at their lack of faith. They vowed never to lose trust again.

They were faithful for a time, but because of the long lasting war and the hunger and the heat, the people’s memory waned, and their faith grew weary as their bellies grew more and more empty. The grumbling of their stomachs seeped into and out of their mouths in the form of sadness and wailing and utter hopelessness. The people once again began to lament and to deny the existence of hope. Their eyes filled rivers with their tears because their hearts were truly broken.

The strong and faithful man spoke to the people of enduring love, a kind of unfathomable love, but their eyes were swollen with bitter and angry tears, and their ears were stopped up with the sound of their own despair. Miraculously, in the midst of all the sadness, the girl conceived and carried a blessed gift. When the 10th moon arrived the girl grunted and pushed and pushed and grunted and brought forth a messenger who was to be named Faith. She was a serene and pensive baby who sprung forth from the love that the man had for the girl. Her warm sweet breath seemed to imbibe the softness of eternal hope and her clarion cry the fragrance of enduring love deep into the heart of anybody who laid eyes on this little child; this was the ancestral quality passed down to her from her simple mother. Her father passed to his angel, strength. And when word spread that a messenger was sent into the world to fill it with love again, the people rejoiced and sang old songs of peace. When the enemy nations saw the child they also believed and the world became united in brotherly love as it was in the beginning.

Many peace filled years later, when the angel baby was a great-grandmother bouncing her inquisitive great-grandson on her knees she could no longer remember the war that hope and love ended, and everyone rejoiced.
© Copyright 2013 FSUmom (fsumom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1940321-A-Story-of-Faith-Hope-and-Love