*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1940477-Query-Letter-novel-The-Last-Craftsman
Rated: 13+ · Letter/Memo · Romance/Love · #1940477
Looking for reaction, feedback, advice on this query letter seeking an agent or publisher.
If you found the love of your life, how far would you go to protect that love if everything around you threatened to tear it apart? The Last Craftsman is a romantic adventure set in the background of the ancient art of woodwrighting that pins lead characters against forces over which they have no control. Do they let these outside adversities derail their love for each other or reach to a higher Power?

Bill Johnson, a hard working, and ruggedly handsome craftsman, roams the country restoring historic buildings using only 18th and 19th century style of woodworking. As he begins to work on the Cape Neddick Lighthouse in Maine, he meets Annie Richard, a petite, golden haired construction manager, with magnetic blue eyes and stunning features  reminiscent of Hollywood's golden age.  Reluctant to commit again to a relationship after her fiance was lost at sea, she is leery about getting close to any man ever again.

Bill and Annie grow closer together both in the difficulties and adventures they must face each day. First on the rugged coast of Maine, when their kayak suddenly gets rammed by a power boat, they find themselves drifting out to sea after surviving the initial accident. In Vermont they encounter many harrowing and near-fatal adventures, from being caught in an avalanche to being lost in the remote and snow-capped mountains. In most situations, they would be tempted to quit but learn to rely on God's guidance, love, and forgiveness. Most importantly, they experience a deep and personal relationship with the Father that can impact their lives far beyond what they have ever experienced before.

My wife, Linda, and I have volunteered for over 20 years at the Iron Master’s Mansion at Pine Grove State Park, PA. This Georgian style mansion is a treasure trove of woodwrighting examples which forms the background of this book. We have also toured extensively many lighthouses in Maine including the Cape Neddick Lighthouse where our two main characters first meet.

The Last Craftsman is a Christian romance complete at 87,000 words.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.


Sincerely,
© Copyright 2013 Colorado Kid (coloradokd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1940477-Query-Letter-novel-The-Last-Craftsman